As a North Carolina insurance agency, Charlotte Insurance wants to ensure that local residents stay safe and are able to put their hard-earned money toward their holiday gifts instead of toward their home heating bills.
Charlotte, North Carolina (PRWEB) November 25, 2011
The team at Charlotte Insurance knows that with home heating costs so high, many local residents may be looking for ways to cut their expenses. As experts in North and South Carolina insurance, the staff at Charlotte Insurance often encounters homeowners who have had to file claims on their home insurance policies due to accidents that occurred when they were trying to heat their home. In order to help local residents stay warm safely and affordably this winter, the experts at Charlotte Insurance would like to offer the following home heating tips:
- When using the home furnace, lower the thermostat 3-5 degrees – unless it would have a negative impact on the residents’ health – and turn it off when not home. This can help save up to 30 percent on heating costs.
- Homeowners should check furnace filters every month during the heating season and clean or replace the filter when necessary in order to reduce the risk of overheating or igniting a fire.
- With North and South Carolina insurance, homeowners do not have to worry about the financial implications of a home heating disaster, but they should still take steps to avoid such situations by refraining from blocking heating outlets with furniture or other objects.
- Avoid using space heaters. If these must be utilized, ensure that there is a 3-foot clearance around the devices so that they do not ignite drapes or other fabrics.
- Open the drapes or blinds during the day and let the sun help warm the home. Close drapes or blinds at night to keep the warmth inside.
As a North Carolina insurance agency, Charlotte Insurance wants to ensure that local residents stay safe and are able to put their hard-earned money toward their holiday gifts instead of toward their home heating bills. Of course, taking steps to avoid a heating-related accident could also save people money in the sense that they will not have to pay those insurance deductibles!
About Charlotte Insurance:
With four convenient locations across the state of North Carolina, Charlotte Insurance has evolved into an all-inclusive, client-focused North Carolina insurance agency—committed to offering superior North Carolina and South Carolina insurance strategies for residents all across the region; whether you are South Charlotte, East Charlotte, Pineville, the University area, Uptown or beyond! Since 1992, the team here at Charlotte Insurance has been dedicated to changing the insurance industry for the better. A keen attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality service has enabled the agency to build strong, close-knit relationships with its customers and overall community—relationships that thrive off of mutual understanding between agent and customer.