“Increased demand for commissioning and re-commissioning in the public and private sectors comes at a time when building owners are trying to reduce operational costs and increase productivity of existing properties,” said Jay Enck, principal, CxGBS.
Duluth, GA (PRWEB) November 30, 2011
The green building experts at Commissioning & Green Building Solutions, Inc. (CxGBS®) have been awarded three commissioning projects from the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). The contracts for the three federal buildings, located in Georgia and Alabama, call for re-commissioning of existing building as well as commissioning of newly implemented systems and controls designed to help improve the efficiencies and performance of the buildings.
“Increased demand for commissioning and re-commissioning in both the public and private sector comes at a time when building owners are trying to reduce the operational costs and increase the productivity of existing properties,” stated Jay Enck, principal, CxGBS. “Obviously anything that can be done to improve the efficiencies of occupied buildings already in their portfolio is much more cost effective than investing in new construction and thus we’re seeing an increase in demand for commissioning services.”
CxGBS will serve as the Commissioning Agent for the following GSA properties:
- John Archibald Campbell U.S. Courthouse, Mobile, Alabama
- Richard B. Russell Federal Building and Courthouse, Atlanta, Georgia
- Internal Revenue Service Complex, Chamblee, Georgia
CxGBS was awarded Contractor status by the GSA in February 2011 for Facilities Maintenance and Management in the following procurement categories: Energy Management Planning and Strategies (SIN 871 202), Building Commissioning Services (SIN 871 206), and Energy Audit Services (SIN 871 207).
Funding for these projects was made available through the American Recovery and
Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
About the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
As the federal government's workplace solutions provider, the U.S. General Services Administration works to foster an effective, sustainable and transparent government for the American people. GSA’s expertise in government workplace solutions includes:
- Effective management of government assets including more than 9,600 government-owned or leased buildings and 215,000 vehicles in the federal fleet, and preservation of historic federal properties;
- Leveraging the government’s buying power through responsible acquisition of products and services making up approximately 14 percent of the government’s total procurement dollars;
- Providing innovative technology solutions to enhance government efficiency and increase citizen engagement; and,
- Promoting responsible use of federal resources through development of government-wide policies ranging from federal travel to property and management practices.
Commissioning & Green Building Solutions, Inc. (CxGBS®) is a nationally recognized green building consulting firm that helps clients build, operate and maintain environmentally friendly, top-performing buildings. The firm’s professionals work with project teams to reduce risk and apply sustainable development principles that lower the total cost of building ownership and create healthy conditions for occupants for the life of the building. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with satellite offices in Jackson, Mississippi; Cleveland, Ohio and Lenoir City, Tennessee, CxGBS® offers a comprehensive suite of services to provide high value solutions for better performing buildings including Sustainable Design Consulting, Holistic Commissioning®, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Certification Project Administration and Forensic Investigation. CxGBS is recognized by the General Services Administration (GSA) as a Schedule Contractor for its Federal Acquisition Service for Facilities Maintenance and Management (Contract # GS-21F-0069X). For more information, visit http://www.cxgbs.com.
# # #