Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) November 29, 2011
SMC³ today announced that it has formed an education advisory committee to further guide content development for its educational events. The company’s educational services include The Academy, dedicated to professional development, and two annual conferences: Jump Start and Connections. “The industry leaders on the new committee bring expertise from areas including software, legal and policy, as well as all areas of transportation and supply chain,” said Kevin Shannon, SMC³ director of industry and education services. “SMC³ will draw from their industry knowledge to ensure that we continue to provide the most current and relevant supply chain, logistics and transportation topics to our event attendees in support of their educational needs.”
SMC³ plans to formally introduce the new committee at 2012 Jump Start, to be held in Atlanta, Ga., January 16-18, 2012.
New Advisory Committee Members
- Tommy Barnes, president, Con-way Multimodal
- Joshua Dolan, director of global logistics and customs compliance, Pep Boys
- Paul J. Dugent, vice president, pricing and traffic, Estes Express Lines
- Joe B. Hanna, Ph.D., associate dean and Regions Bank professor of supply chain management, Auburn University
- Tom Jensen, vice president, UPS
- Robert D. Moseley, Jr., chairman, transportation practice group, Smith Moore Leatherwood, LLP
- Art Nourot, vice president, carrier procurement, Unyson Logistics (a Hub Group company)
- Paul Page, editorial director, the Journal of Commerce (UBM Global Trade)
- Chris Rocke, corporate sourcing manager, MeadWestvaco Corporation
- Page Siplon, executive director, Center of Innovation for Logistics
- Greg Smith, industry director, transportation and logistics, Oracle Corporation
- Curtis Terrell, transportation director, Americold Logistics, LLC
- Ellen Voie, president/CEO, Women in Trucking Association
- Phil Worthington, vice president, enterprise sales and marketing, FFE Transportation
SMC³ is a leading provider of data, technology and education as an integrated solution to the freight transportation community. SMC³'s core competency is transportation pricing expertise, which it delivers through data services and technology tools that simplify processes and promote collaboration between buyers and sellers of transportation services. The company also partners with leading transportation software developers for complete interoperability.
Throughout the year SMC³ offers educational programs that focus on key industry issues and advanced learning. These well-attended events are noted for their content, speakers and networking opportunities. The company currently serves more than 5,000 customers operating throughout the contiguous United States, Canada and Mexico. SMC³'s customer base covers all aspects of freight movement, and includes shippers, carriers, logistics service providers and freight payment companies.