44 percent of all US mobile subscribers now have smartphones, and among those who purchased a new mobile phone in the last three months, 56 percent chose smartphones.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 29, 2011
APPNATION (http://www.appnationconference.com/appnation3/), the leading executive conference and exposition focused on the burgeoning consumer applications economy will take place November 30 – December 1, 2011 at The Concourse at the San Francisco Design Center. The third, international executive-level conference and dynamic, cutting-edge expo will feature companies from across the apps value chain, and will focus on social and mobile apps across all devices and platforms including PCs, smartphones, tablets, Internet-enabled televisions, portable games, peripherals and a range of other current and emerging connected devices.
Jonathan Carson, General Manager of Digital at Nielsen will present “The State of the App Consumer: Fresh Insights from Nielsen” on day one including insights from Nielsen’s extensive smartphone metering efforts that are focused on iPhone and Android smartphones.
According to Nielsen’s latest data:
- 44 percent of all US mobile subscribers now have smartphones, and among those who purchased a new mobile phone in the last three months, 56 percent chose smartphones.
- Android remains the leading smartphone operating system while Apple is the leading smartphone manufacturer.
- 71 percent of smartphone consumers use app-and-media friendly iPhones or Android smartphones, but when it comes to smartphone apps, iPhone and Android smartphones are even more dominant: 83 percent of app downloaders, that is, those who downloaded an app in the past 30 days, use an iPhone or Android smartphone.
APPNATION kicks off with a keynote presentation by Facebook’s Head of Developer Relations Doug Purdy on day one, and Walmart’s SVP, Mobile and Digital, Gibu Thomas on day two. Kara Swisher from All Things D will interview Gary Morgenthaler, partner at Morgenthaler Ventures and Paul Ricci, CEO at Nuance Communications, on day two as they discuss how artificial intelligence systems like Siri and voice recognition software like Nuance will usher in a new generation of applications in the keynote session titled, “Why Artificial Intelligence and Voice-Enabled Apps Will Change Man-Machine Interaction Forever”. Additional keynote interviews with Andy Miller, General Partner at Highland Capital Partners, and Brandon Watson, Senior Director of Developer Experience at Microsoft Windows Phone 7 are also planned. Drew Ianni, Chairman and Founder of APPNATION, will also present insights on the US app economy and the app-enabled life of US consumers from a new APPNATION report titled “How Big Is the US App Economy? Estimates and Forecasts 2011 – 2015”.
APPNATION will showcase mobile companies of all types and sizes to give developers an opportunity to learn how to further monetize their content, products, and services, and to offer them a unique and affordable opportunity to interact with industry luminaries, investors, advertising agencies, media companies, the technology press and peers. A big announcement by IDGA is also planned.
Confirmed speakers to date include among others:
- Adam Flanders, SVP Sales and Marketing, GLU Mobile
- Andy Yang, CEO, Playhaven
- Ann Burkett, Executive Director, Silicon Valley Chapter, IGDA
- Ari Levy, Reporter, Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- Ben Keighran, CEO, Chomp
- Brandon Watson, Senior Director, Windows Phone 7, Microsoft
- Carlo Longino, Community Manager, Wireless Industry Partnership (WIP)
- Christopher Plummer, Executive Producer, ngmoco:)
- Clay Kellogg, Director Mobile Partnerships, Google
- Darin Wonn, Product Manager for Mobile Apps, Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Eros Resmini, SVP, Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, Open Feint
- Jamie Wells, Director, Global Product Marketing, Microsoft
- Joe Kraus, Partner, Google Ventures
- Johann Huber-Gutierrez, Mobile Strategy and Product Management, Macys.com
- John P. Joseph, Senior Director, Business Development and Product Strategy, Playhaven
- Liron Shapira, CTO and co-founder, Quixey
- Margaret Tuohy, Head of Product, CNN/Money
- Orr Orenstein, CTO, Mobile Theory
- Paul Baldwin, CMO, Outfit 7
- Paul Chen, Head of Business Development, Papaya Mobile
- Peter Farago, VP Marketing, Flurry
- Ragnar Kruse, CEO and co-founder, Smaato
- Rebecca Lynn, Partner, Morgenthaler Ventures
- Richard Wong, Partner, Accel Partners
- Ryan Spoon, Managing Director, Dogpatch Labs
- Scott Kveton, CEO, Urban Airship
- Sunil Verma, COO, Mobclix
- Tina Unterlaender, Director Mobile, AKQA
- Tim Chang, Managing Director, Mayfield Fund
- Todd Simpson, Chief of Innovation, Mozilla
- Zephrin Lasker, CEO and co-founder, Pontiflex
The full conference agenda and list of speakers is available at: http://appnationconference.com/appnation3/agenda.php, and registration is open at http://www.appnationconference.com.
APPNATION is a leading executive level conference and cutting-edge exposition focused on the burgeoning consumer applications industry. APPNATION is a unit of M2 Events, LLC, a conference and thought leadership production company founded by Drew Ianni, a 15-year digital media and marketing industry veteran and former Programming Chairman and Senior Global Analyst for ad:tech, a leading digital media and marketing conference and exposition. Mr. Ianni has also held senior analyst and executive positions at firms such as Jupiter Communications, Lazard Freres & Co, and BBDO. Follow APPNATION on Twitter at http://twitter.com/appnationconf or learn more at http://appnationconference.com/appnation3/.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6331257〈=en