Plover, WI (PRWEB) November 30, 2011
SMC3 is a leading provider of data, technology and education as an integrated solution to the freight transportation community. Throughout the year, SMC3 offers educational programs that focus on key industry issues and advanced learning. “By forming this committee of industry professionals, we will have a greater understanding of the challenges faced by leaders from all levels from the supply chain,” said Kevin Shannon, SMC3 director of industry and education services.
“Ellen will bring a voice for both women and associations and the needs her members have in becoming more successful in their businesses by drawing on the knowledge of this committee,” Shannon added.
Voie’s background in the trucking industry began in 1979 when she earned a diploma in Traffic and Transportation Management. Today, she heads the 1,800 member Women In Trucking Association, Inc. whose mission is to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the trucking industry.
“I am looking forward to working with the SMC3 Education Advisory Committee to explore the needs of our members and the SMC3 customers to help us all appreciate and recognize challenges we face in ensuring that products are safely and efficiently delivered to their final destination,” said Voie.
The members of the committee are:
- Tommy Barnes, president, Con-way Multimodal
- Joshua Dolan, director of global logistics and customs compliance, Pep Boys
- Paul J. Dugent, vice president, pricing and traffic, Estes Express Lines
- Joe B. Hanna, Ph.D., associate dean and Regions Bank professor of supply chain management, Auburn University
- Tom Jensen, vice president, UPS
- Robert D. Moseley, Jr., chairman, transportation practice group, Smith Moore Leatherwood, LLP
- Art Nourot, vice president, carrier procurement, Unyson Logistics (a Hub Group company)
- Paul Page, editorial director, the Journal of Commerce (UBM Global Trade)
- Chris Rocke, corporate sourcing manager, MeadWestvaco Corporation
- Page Siplon, executive director, Center of Innovation for Logistics
- Greg Smith, industry director, transportation and logistics, Oracle Corporation
- Curtis Terrell, transportation director, Americold Logistics, LLC
- Ellen Voie, president/CEO, Women in Trucking Association
- Phil Worthington, vice president, enterprise sales and marketing, FFE Transportation