It's rewarding to see that our clients are as excited to use this tool as we are to deliver it.
Kitchener, ON (PRWEB) November 30, 2011
Athena Software is pleased to announce the upcoming release of an enhanced document creation tool for the Penelope case management software application (http://www.athenasoftware.net).
As organizations within the social services sector move from paper and spreadsheets to integrated electronic records, they look for systems that allow them to capture detailed information without duplicate data entry and that will securely store the information to make it easily accessible in real time to authorized individuals.
Organizations in this sector share a need to assess client strengths and goals, history and current needs, and to measure client progress and outcomes, in addition to capturing correspondence with third parties including referrals, letters and other documentation. Penelope has always incorporated the concept of capturing flexible custom data. However, Athena has now developed a tool within Penelope that dramatically enhances the ability of organizations to create forms, letters, assessments and more, and to track revisions and change over time.
This comprehensive new feature will be released in early December and will provide Athena's global client base of more than 200 human service agencies, not-for-profit organizations, universities and government bodies with an abundance of new options when creating electronic health documentation for their clients.
"Athena developed this tool based on the direct input of our many clients," says Athena director Diane Stanley-Horn. "It's rewarding to see that our clients are as excited to use this tool as we are to deliver it."
- Conditional and Multi-component questions - users can now create optional sections or questions that can be conditionally hidden or displayed, incorporate other answers and explanations, table-style component questions, and more.
- Assessments with Scoring -- questions with assigned values can be scored within and across domains, scores can be weighted, summed or averaged and changes in scoring over time can be tracked and are graphically displayed in the client's file.
- Data Integration -- document creators can now automatically pull information from a client's file into special Data Field or Data List questions, saving users from having to re-enter data that already exists in the database.
- Letters -- Penelope users can now create custom letter templates whose layout can be modified in real time and which can pull in custom pre-populated data directly from a client's case file.
- Flags, comments and supporting documentation - assessment responses and scores can be flagged with comments, pre-populated or ad hoc interpretations of scores can be included, comments and instructional text can be included within a document or referenced through an embedded link.
Other enhancements include the ability to create custom help text for any question (the help text becomes visible to users when mousing over the question), ability to create revisions for version control and supervisory review, a new range of document styles and layout options that allow organizations to customize the look of their finished product, the ability to make many questions optional or mandatory and the option to set acceptable answer ranges for questions that require a numeric answer.
As with all Penelope upgrades, this new feature is available free of charge to Athena Software clients with a valid support package and will be available to all new clients going forward.
Athena Software is an innovative global company recognized for providing leading-edge client information management software. We are the developers of Penelope, one of the world's most advanced and successful client information / case management applications for behavioural health and social service organizations. With the backing of our world-class support team, Athena Software empowers organizations to achieve new levels of client service, accountability and effectiveness.