Washington, DC (PRWEB) December 01, 2011
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Inside Health Insurance Exchanges, AIS’s Health Reform Week and Health Plan Week, is pleased to announce its December 13 webinar, The Rise of Private Exchanges: Implications for Insurers, Employers and the Health Care Consumer. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1m42_121311.
In an effort to control costs and offer workers more health plan options that can better suit their needs, an increasing number of employers are turning to private health insurance exchanges. Unlike traditional employer-sponsored health coverage, under exchanges employers give their workers a defined amount of money and allow them to shop for coverage, often from multiple insurers in the exchange. For employers, the amount a company pays towards coverage is capped; for workers, greater choice exists and the exchange helps promote competition among insurers.
During the webinar, three executives with extensive experience developing private exchanges — Abir Sen of Bloom Health, Ken Sperling of Aon Hewitt’s Global Health Care Practice and Bryce Williams of Extended Health — will detail their work and provide insight on how exchanges are expected to change the health benefits marketplace. They will also address these and other key questions:
- What are the pros and cons for health insurers of establishing or participating in private exchanges?
- Why are private exchanges expected to help employers provide health benefits while driving costs down and offering greater choice to their workforces?
- What market conditions provide the most fertile environment for private exchanges to succeed?
- How will exchanges help employees take more control over their health spend?
- How will private exchanges handle the transition of employees from group to individual plans?
- How are private exchanges expected to fare in the face of state-run insurance exchanges in 2014?
After a high-level 60-minute roundtable discussion, a concluding 30-minute question-and-answer session will allow webinar participants to pose individual questions on the growing interest in private exchanges and the impact they will have on insurers, employers and employees.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.