London, UK (PRWEB UK) 1 December 2011
An organisation’s value today depends not only on the amount of information it has acquired over the years, but on how it can access, recover, reuse and govern this content successfully.
For example, take RTI International, an independent institute that provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Over its 50 year history, RTI has worked on thousands of projects resulting in a vast repository of deliverables such as reports, proposals and other documents: In other words their information asset portfolio is vast so their content intelligence needs are huge.
When RTI International wanted to improve rapid and accurate access to this mass of output in order to improve the quality, cost-management and ultimate success of its new business pitches, to avoid the repetition of work already done and identify relevant experts for current bids and projects, they turned to Smartlogic’s Semaphore, Content Intelligence Platform for Knowledge Acquisition & Reuse.
Smartlogic is a software company that specialises in content intelligence and the developer of Semaphore, a Content Intelligence Platform that augments traditional information management systems.
Semaphore complements an organization’s investments in Enterprise Search, Business Intelligence and Content Management to provide effective, rapid and accurate control of, and access to, unstructured content with a speed, accuracy and intelligence not achievable today from existing systems - systems that are strained from soaring information volumes and more complex user requests. Semaphore endows these systems with capabilities such as taxonomy & ontology management, automatic classification and contextual navigation, so that organisations can better find, organize, process, monetize, control and govern unstructured content.
For detailed insights on how Smartlogic has enabled RTI International to successfully use Content Intelligence for Knowledge Acquisition and Reuse you can register now for the latest webinar from Smartlogic in conjunction with RTI International and Earley & Associates.
Entitled 'CONTENT INTELLIGENCE FOR KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION & REUSE' the webinar is due to broadcast on Wednesday 14 December 2011. Registration details are as follows:
Smartlogic's Toby Conrad will be joined by Diglio Simoni from RTI International and Jeannine Bartlett of Earley & Associates to discuss the following:
- What Content Intelligence Solutions are and how to effectively use them to enhance your information systems (content management systems like SharePoint, OpenText, Documentum, etc & search systems like Google, MSFAST, Solr, etc) with navigational taxonomies, ontologies and automated classification
- How RTI International has successfully implemented Content Intelligence for Knowledge Acquisition and Reuse
- How to design Content Intelligence solutions with feedback from users to achieve the desired goals & interesting lessons learned during this process.
Attendees will include all and any executives and IT staff who are responsible for delivering enterprise search and content management systems such as Google Search Appliance, FAST Search and SharePoint to business users rapidly and cost effectively.
Can’t make it to the live webinar? Register here http://bit.ly/uJ77XM and we’ll send you a link to the replay
You can also download the FREE SURVEY REPORT: SMARTLOGIC TAXONOMY BOOT CAMP & SHAREPOINT SYMPOSIUM SURVEY REPORT. This survey, carried out by Smartlogic at the Taxonomy Boot Camp & SharePoint Symposium 2011, held recently in Washington DC, shows that meta-tagging within organizations is appallingly low (>60% state that <20% of their content is tagged). Download the report to find out more here: http://bit.ly/rwtMHx
More information about Smartlogic's Semaphore can be found on their website at http://www.smartlogic.com.
About Smartlogic – http://www.smartlogic.com
Smartlogic, The Content Intelligence Company.
Smartlogic's Semaphore is a Content Intelligence Platform which complements an organisation’s investments in Enterprise Search, Business Intelligence and Content Management.
Semaphore provides effective, rapid and accurate control of, and access to, unstructured content with a speed, accuracy and intelligence not achievable today from existing systems – systems that are strained by soaring information volumes and more complex user requests.
Semaphore endows these systems with capabilities, such as taxonomy & ontology management, automatic classification and contextual navigation, so that organisations can better find, organise, process, monetise, control and govern unstructured content.
Many hundreds of companies like NASA, Bank of America, AutoDesk, Occidental Petroleum, Ford Foundation, Pitney Bowes, The National Health Service, UBS, ABN AMRO, The Office of Public Sector Information, Yell.com and others use Smartlogic today.
- Media companies use Semaphore to improve the quality of their information feeds, boosting distribution, readership & subscriptions
- Government authorities use Semaphore to tag information according to their standards, for compliance, intelligence processing & citizen self-service
- Healthcare companies use Semaphore to boost the level of self-service and improve the quality of critical health information they provide to patients
- Investment banks use Semaphore to consolidate their information costs, better promote their primary research and automate information compliance.
- Online directories use Semaphore to increase their advertising revenues
- Corporate intranets & websites use Semaphore to boost their use and maximise their return on information assets.
- Information managers use Semaphore to manage their taxonomies and ontologies, classification schemes and records retention policies.
Maya Natarajan VP Marketing
+ 1 408 213 9500
US +1 1 408 213 9500
UK +44 (0)203 176 4500
GER +49 (0)176 354 63127
Natalie Emery - Public Relations
14 Greville Street, London EC1N 8SB, UK
+44 (0)203 176 4500
# # #