West Bloomfield, MI (PRWEB) December 06, 2011
"A little humor can go a long way in business and marketing", says marketing strategist and online business consultant Cheryl Heppard of CherylHeppard.com and Front Street PR. “It can improve your mood, ease anxiety, diffuse conflict and create an enjoyable experience. Humor makes any subject matter more attention getting. Adding a hint of humor and creativity to businesses advertising and marketing messages can be a huge plus for any business.”
On Monday, December 12th, http://www.CherylHeppard.com is launching, “12 Days of Business: Fun Marketing Tips for Business Owners,” on her blog. The festive holiday posts will include videos, podcasts, graphics and marketing tools with a creative and humorous angle. “Humorous marketing is more likely to secure audience attention, increase memorability, overcome sales resistance, and enhance message persuasiveness,” said Heppard.
"The holidays are a great time to give back to blog readers, website visitors, newsletter subscribers, and social media connections. It's my intention to take that philosophy and run with it in the most creative ways I can think of as my way to give back to my clients, and also create and provide a festive display of ‘outside the box’ marketing", said Heppard.
There are 6 basic tips for making humor in marketing it work for your business that Heppard will model for her blog readers, website visitors and social media connections:
1. Research your audience. Know what type of humor works best for your target market. Humor works best when people can empathize with a situation.
2. Be careful with sarcasm. Sarcasm can be hilarious, but if it is biting or misinterpreted, it can turn against you and your brand.
3. Test drive your humor with others to see if it works. What is funny to one person is not always funny to others. Use subtle humor at first to see if your target audience follows along.
4. Don’t overdo it. The first time you read or view something humorous, it’s fabulous. The second time around, it’s not as enjoyable. Keep your humor fresh. Don’t recycle.
5. Allow people to share in the laugh or smile. Especially on social media, those who enjoy a humorous video, tweet or post are likely to share it. Make it easy for your audience to do so and reap the benefits.
6. If it doesn’t work, stop. If There are other creative methods that can pull in your audience just as well. Finding that perfect pitch is just a matter of time and great ideas.
AboutCheryl Heppard of CherylHeppard.com:
Cheryl Heppard, a West Bloomfield resident and business owner is founder of several websites, including CherylHeppard.com, FrontStreetPR.com, CoachPressKits.com, GetBusyWithClients.com, and HealthyHandout.com. Her mission is to teach health and wellness practitioners and small business entrepreneurs all over the world how to use proven internet marketing visibility and publicity strategies to attract more ideal clients and enjoy more income and freedom in their business.
Cheryl created The Get Seen Get Clients System™, a practical and step-by-step blueprint that teaches entrepreneurs how to use strategic internet marketing techniques which consistently bring in new clients and customers who are ready to invest in the work of change to get the results they desire.
Through her coaching, consulting and marketing expertise and services, Cheryl helps entrepreneurs leverage their marketing opportunities and increase profits by using an integrated online marketing strategy with a particular focus on website marketing, list building and publicity strategies. Cheryl has a proven track record in the arena of Internet technology and is dedicated to showing service related and help-preneurs how to work smarter, not harder by using online marketing, as well as teaching them how to leverage their time and talents by working with more clients in less time, and creating multiple streams of income.