The attic space in a home will easily absorb up to 220 lbs of moisture in the winter months.
Incline Village, NV (PRWEB) December 01, 2011
Mold growth is attributed to three factors: moisture, warmth and organic material. Unfortunately, in the winter months, these three factors often come together in the home’s attic space. As warm air rises into the attic, the warm air meets with the underside of the roof causing condensation. For this reason, it is not suggested to keep an attic warm throughout the winter months as a “heat barrier” to the cold outside. In fact, the condensation created in a warm attic during the winter months drips onto the insulation making it much less effective. Instead, rely on adequate insulation between the attic and living spaces. Additionally, moisture rises into the attic from the home’s daily activities such as the dishwasher, showers and cooking. A warm, moist attic and organic materials such as building materials and household items being stored create an environment for mold and mildew to flourish. For these reasons, it is essential to address the attic space of a home in order to ensure a healthy home.
- Use a Solar Powered Attic Fan and Solar Controller to properly ventilate the attic space. The Solar Controller allows easy monitoring of relative humidity levels and temperature in the attic space.
- Use the All Purpose Ventilator to properly ventilate the crawlspace and reduce the opportunity for mold and mildew growth.
- Vacuum and clean regularly to remove possible sources of mold growth
- In portions of your home that are susceptible to moisture, use area rugs or washable floor surfaces.
- Repair water leaks in the roof, windows, or any other part of the home.
- Clear refrigerator drip pans regularly.
By keeping the attic space closer to ambient temperature, condensation will not occur on the underside of the roof. Additionally, with active air flow the moist air traveling into the attic from exhaust fans and household activities will be rapidly pushed outside. Keep your home and its inhabitants healthy throughout the winter months with the Solar Powered Attic Fan from U.S. Sunlight Corporation.
Best of Show
U.S. Sunlight Corp strives to provide “Alternative Energy for Everyday Life,” by designing and manufacturing innovative solar and green products to save money for the homeowner. Introduced in January of 2011, the Solar Controller has taken the home improvement industry by storm, receiving laudable praise from homeowners and industry experts alike. Homeowners now have the ability to add these additional benefits to their U.S. Sunlight attic ventilation products:
- An option to utilize house electricity along with solar power, enabling the attic fan to run after sunset or when solar power is not available.
- Monitoring attic fan’s operating status, attic temperature and attic humidity from the Solar Controller remote’s LED screen, simply by pressing a single button on the remote.
With over 100,000 products in the 2011 National Hardware Show, our Solar Attic Fan and Solar Controller caught the attention of retailers, media, and trade professionals, and won one of the Best of Show awards.
About U.S. Sunlight Corporation
U.S. Sunlight Corporation designs and manufactures cutting edge solar products. For more details, visit us at http://www.ussunlight.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #