(PRWEB UK) 3 December 2011
TISSL clients which have included handhelds in their EPoS projects recently include the Novikov in London and Gordon Ramsay’s new Bread Street Kitchen at One New Change in London.
“With rising food and labour costs and the continuing economic downturn, venue owners are looking for new ways of both saving costs and improving customer service – and handhelds are an ideal way to do this,” says Kevin Coetzee, Managing Director of TISSL.
Handhelds are invaluable in a dynamic hospitality environment and are fully integrated into a venue’s main EPoS system. The handhelds offered by TISSL can be used to take orders, open and close checks and send vital information to the kitchen.
“Handhelds are a useful tool for upselling and improving efficiency – as waiting staff can focus fully on what’s happening on the floor, rather than having to keep returning to stationary terminals or the kitchen as often,” explains Kevin.
Handhelds are also useful when venues are extremely busy. Stein’s Fish & Chips in Cornwall, has found TISSL handhelds invaluable for queue-busting, pre-ordering and managing customer exceptions when the fish and chip shop is busy and people are waiting.
For venues with outdoor dining areas, handhelds mean that orders can be sent straight from the garden to the kitchen, without staff having to continually walk in and out of the building. This increases customer service and upsells – as waiting staff can spend more time with customers.
Handhelds are also idea for roaming, as one handheld can be utilised across multiple wireless points. They are small and easy to carry around in an apron or pocket when waiting staff are clearing tables.
“Handhelds have been proven to increase efficiency and we are finding that some customers have even been able to cut staff costs – as venues don’t necessarily need to have as many staff on the floor,” says Kevin.
In the meantime, TISSL has also seen an increase in the sale of single handhelds being ordered to give managers remote access to the system while on the move within the restaurant – which allows them to identify problems before they happen. Interactive menu tools are also growing in popularity.
“Technology is moving forward apace and we are always on the lookout for new ways to help our customers work more efficiently,” says Kevin.
Notes to editors:
- TISSL is a privately-owned company, established by Kevin Coetzee in 2003, which provides tailored EPoS solutions to suit any operation, from fine dining to quick service pubs and clubs.
- TISSL has worked with some of the best-known names in the hospitality industry – from Rick Stein to Heston Blumenthal.
- In an independent survey of over 1,800 top restaurants, ‘Restaurant Magazine’ has named TISSL as the UK’s number one EPoS supplier, in the ‘Chefs’ Selection Awards’ for the past two years.
- TISSL offers a complete project management service, with go-live support and training, followed up with 365-day support.
- The technology TISSL utilises is backed up by robust hardware and flexible software and it runs on all modern platforms.
- TISSL EPoS systems work seamlessly with a venue’s back office and the company can tailor packages to provide the reporting and data required to run a business efficiently.
For more information on this media release please contact Angela Ward on 01825 765617 or by email at: angela(at)themarketingeye(dot)com