Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 05, 2011
As the holidays approach and thousands prepare to overspend on lavish gifts for their family and friends, entrepreneur Keith Douglas, author of the new book, "The Power to Get Wealth: No Money Required," offers this sage advice: Think before you shop!
“We get so caught up in the idea of buying the perfect gift that we often forget that the most valuable gifts you can give during the holidays are priceless and can’t be bought in stores, such as your time and love,” says Douglas. “It may feel good to pass out presents in December, but is it worth it if you’ll be filled with regret in January?”
- Invite the family over for a home-cooked meal instead of eating at expensive restaurants. “Your family will appreciate the love put into the prepared meal as well as the time together.”
- Send hand-written notes rather than greeting cards. “A personal, heartfelt message can become a keepsake that is treasured for years to come.”
- Have a family secret gift exchange. “This is helpful in large extended families with many aunts, uncles and cousins. Have the family draw names and make purchases for one family member. Set a reasonable price limit that everyone can follow.”
- Volunteer together at a local charity. “There are several organizations that need extra hands during the holidays. Whether it is serving food at a soup kitchen or sorting toys for tots, you’ll realize how truly wealthy you are when you serve others.”
- Understand the true definition of Wealth. “The definition of wealth is ‘All Needs Met,’ so if you have a roof over your head and food to eat, your needs are being met and you are wealthy! There isn’t one gift a person can buy for you this holiday that can bless you more than if you understand that simple principle.”
For more information about "The Power to Get Wealth: No Money Required" or to read an excerpt, please visit http://www.keithdouglas.org.
# # #