Miami, FL (PRWEB) December 02, 2011
MEF has announced the results of its hotly contested North American Board elections. Gary Schwartz, President, Impact Mobile was re-elected as Chairman of the Board and Sanjaya Krishna, Principal and U.S. Digital Services Leader, KPMG, was re-elected as Vice Chair. Representatives from new MEF members Sprint and Turner Broadcasting were elected, joining long-time members from Jumptap and LightSquared to fill the 5 available positions.
The election took place during MEF Americas 2011 – Mobile Content and Commerce, on November 29th-30th in Miami, bringing together over 250 North and Latin American thought-leaders and influencers from retail, entertainment, finance, and technology for 2 days of focused deal-making and industry-shaping debate.
“A 552% growth in global mobile payments on Cyber Monday clearly demonstrates how market adoption of and consumer engagement with mobile programs and applications has made great strides forward in 2011,” said Gary Schwartz, President, Impact Mobile and re-elected Chairman, MEF North America. “As we head into 2012 with MEFs ground-breaking m-Commerce initiative, I’d like to thank all of those who stood for election to our Board and welcome our new Directors to what will be a significant year of growth for both MEF and our Industry. We are truly excited about taking the lead in educating the market, helping our members create a defining matrix of commerce and content options and advancing the privacy and security standards which will underpin it.”
The new MEF North American Board
- Chairman: Gary Schwartz – President/CEO, Impact Mobile
- Vice Chairman: Sanjaya Krishna – Principal and U.S. Digital Service Leader, KPMG
- Richard Berger – SVP, Global Digital Strategy and Operations, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- John Carney – SVP, Consumer Marketing, Sprint
- Ron Czerny – Founder and CEO, Playphone
- Jay Emmett – GM, OpenMarket
- Paran Johar – CMO, Jumptap
- Patrick Kennedy – CEO, Sidebar
- Joe Lyman – CEO and Founder, PaymentOne
- John Orlando – EVP, Worldwide Marketing and Business Development, Sixth Sense Media
- Patrick Parodi – VP, Ecosystem Development, LightSquared
- Jeff Sawyer – VP, Mobile and Connected Device Solutions, Turner Broadcasting
MEF Executive Director, Rimma Perelmuter added, “For the second year running, MEF Americas Mobile Content and Commerce has proven to be an exceptional event. Doubling in size with proven deal-making between industry leaders from across North and Latin America, MEF Americas 2011 also delivered a range of visionary perspectives central to illuminating and monetizing the mobile content and commerce ecosystem represented. I’m very pleased to welcome distinguished leaders from the operator, content , advertising and wireless broadband verticals to the MEF North America board. Their diverse perspectives and leadership will have a profound impact on shaping MEF North Americas’ pivotal mobile content and commerce work and the positive development of our Industry.”
Featuring keynotes from Nokia, Sprint and Coca-Cola and exceptional opportunities for deal-making between Latin and North American companies, the conference delivered a unique value proposition for industry leaders including:
- A closed door session for LatAm and North American operators to share critical insights into the fundamental issues defining the growth of the Americas market
- A Leadership Summit providing strategic insights into creating a positive consumer experience and planning for the future of the multi-screen world.
- Visionary perspectives on the mobile industry from the content, finance, retail and brand verticals, addressing a diverse range of topics including:
- MEF’s 2011 Global Consumer Survey and dedicated MEF Americas analytics produced in co-ordination with research partner InMobi;
- Creating Hyper -local App Economies;
- Content and its Link to Commerce;
- Alternative m-Commerce financial services;
- Accelerating and overcoming barriers to Social mobile shopping adoption;
- Establishing privacy and security standards;
- Catalysts for maximizing consumer engagement;
- Creating scale and growing cross-border opportunities and
- Building content strategy for multiple screens
MEF is the global community for mobile content and commerce. It is the leading trade organization for companies wishing to monetize their goods, services and digital products via the mobile connected device. MEF provides competitive advantage to its diverse membership, shapes industry growth, connects thought leaders and spearheads groundbreaking initiatives which explore and promote monetization opportunities.
With global headquarters in London and operational chapters and offices in Asia, EMEA, Latin America, Middle East and North America, MEF is a member network with global reach and strong local representation, ideally placed to drive market growth. Established in 2000, MEF provides an impartial, consistent and powerful voice for the foremost companies and entrepreneurs from across the mobile content and commerce value chain.
MEF North America
Marjorie DeHey Daleo
Anmore Media International