San Luis Obispo County, CA (PRWEB) December 06, 2011
Traveling with pets is more popular than ever and San Luis Obispo County makes it even easier to bring furry friends along for the ride with more than 60 pet-friendly accommodations and even more Fido-friendly activities.
According to a 2011 survey by PetRelocation.com, 32 percent of traveling pet owners said the most difficult part of taking a trip with their pets is the poor selection of pet-friendly hotels. Fortunately, California pet owners can easily find pet-friendly accommodations in Wine Coast Country and they don’t have to worry about long, expensive flights. This region of San Luis Obispo County hugs the coast and is an easy four-hour drive from the hearts of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Pet owners can easily find the perfect place for fun with Fido this winter.
Consistently rated one of the most pet-friendly areas in the state of California, regions of Wine Coast Country offer plenty of dog-friendly activities including:
- Scenic off-leash dog parks, like the beautiful Cambria Dog Park in Cambria, CA.
- Surfing and off-leash beaches, like Olde Port Beach – a quarter-mile stretch of sandy shoreline perfect for letting dogs enjoy the waves.
- Doggie spa treatments.
- Wine tasting (most wineries allow dogs on site).
- Photographers that specialize in Pet photography.
- Dog-friendly hiking trails, like those in the stunning Montaña de Oro State Park.
- Hundreds of restaurants with dog-friendly patio seating.
Pet parents (and others) who go to WineCoastCountry.com can enter for a chance to win a free iPod Touch.
About Wine Coast Country
Wine Coast country represents the San Luis Obispo County Business Improvement District (CBID), whose mission is to promote increased occupancy in the 730-plus lodging properties that are part of the CBID constituency. WineCoastCountry.com promotes tourism to San Luis Obispo County’s distinct unincorporated areas, including Avila Beach, Cambria, Cayucos, Los Osos, Nipomo, Oceano, San Simeon and unincorporated San Luis Obispo, Arroyo Grande and Morro Bay. For more information, call Cheryl Cuming at (805) 547-CBID (2243) or visit WineCoastCountry.com.