INDEX-Werke is using NogaLogic 3.8 for a precise and efficient automatic data classification. We particularly like NogaLogic's detailed reports which enable us to fully analyze and optimize our data to support our business processes.
(PRWEB) December 05, 2011
Nogacom, a leading provider of information governance solutions, today announced the release of version 3.8 of its NogaLogic data classification solution. The new release of NogaLogic gives companies a solution to the age-old problem of identifying sensitive data. With NogaLogic 3.8 companies can now easily and automatically identify their sensitive data including its unique business context, and then analyze and manage it throughout its lifecycle. In conjunction with the new release Nogacom has developed a best practices approach that makes the process of identifying and managing sensitive data easy, intuitive and manageable.
"INDEX-Werke is using NogaLogic 3.8 for a precise and efficient automatic data classification," said Mr. Götz Kögel, Head of IT Information Technology at INDEX-Werke, one of the world's leading manufacturers of CNC turning machines. "We particularly like NogaLogic's detailed reports which enable us to fully analyze and optimize our data to support our business processes."
Identifying and managing sensitive data is embedded into all aspects of NogaLogic 3.8. Key new features include:
- Enhanced data classification capabilities which support the identification and tracking of a wide variety of sensitive content within unstructured documents and their metadata. These include sensitive business data, regular expressions (including credit card numbers, patient record numbers, bank account information, ID numbers etc.), information needed for eDiscovery and for Data Leak Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- A dashboard that provides a snapshot of the health and state of sensitive data and highlights the data that’s potentially exposed. It also shows in which data repositories sensitive data is stored so that users can immediately see if sensitive data resides in the wrong or unprotected repositories. The dashboard helps users prioritize their work so that they focus first on data that’s at risk.
- New reports which drill down into sensitive data. These include reports that expose excessive permissions, detailed information on the distribution of sensitive documents via email within the company and externally, versions and copies of sensitive documents and sections of sensitive content that was pasted into other documents.
- New policy management capabilities which enable users to easily move, copy and tag sensitive documents in order to fulfill information governance requirements.
- Categorize and organize sensitive data into ‘Views’ based on business and regulatory requirements. NogaLogic also provides tailored reports for each of these ‘Views’ and can apply policies to them.
The NogaLogic best practices approach is explained in Nogacom’s new white paper “Do you really know what sensitive data you have? A new approach to identifying and managing sensitive data throughout its lifecycle” which can be downloaded from http://www.nogacom.com/sensitive_data_WP.html
“Accurately identifying, managing and governing sensitive data is critical for the success of the business as well for regulatory compliance, but it’s also a complex and multi faceted process. Many companies facing this challenge today simply don’t know where to start: what sensitive data they have, where it is and how it’s used, what products they need, what they actually need to do, and how to go about doing it. Given the volume of data and the chaos that exists in most data environments, many companies are scared into inactivity,” said Thomas Quednau, Nogacom’s CEO. “Nogacom removes the guesswork, the complex questions and decisions, and the fear. We provide a powerful product that specifically focuses on identifying sensitive data and analyzing it within its unique context and value to the specific organization. And we provide a step-by-step methodology that drives the user through an intuitive and iterative process through which sensitive data is automatically identified, analyzed and managed. Ultimately we give companies way to start and complete the process of managing and governing their sensitive data throughout its lifecycle.”
Nogacom delivers software and services for information governance that give companies the power to make their unstructured data secure and compliant. With NogaLogic users can quickly easily, accurately and cost-effectively analyze their unstructured data – particularly sensitive data - and identify and address risks and problems.
NogaLogic solutions support a wide variety of use cases including data risk assessments, support for Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC), PCI DSS compliance, Cloud Computing, eDiscovery, data migration and archiving, Electronic Data Records Management, and much more. Nogacom’s customers include leading financial institutions, technology and telecommunications, government agencies, transportation, and waste management companies.
Nogacom is a fully funded, privately owned company with R&D headquarters in Herzeliya Pituach, Israel and sales offices in Wadgassen, Cologne, and Hamburg in Germany, Zurich and Locarno in Switzerland and Leiden in The Netherlands. The company is also supported through a network of resellers. More information is at http://www.nogacom.com