Each one of our accomplishments has inspired us to dig even deeper to help travelers save time and money. As a result, our fans can expect even more exciting ways to Beat the Traffic in 2012.
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) December 06, 2011
As 2011 draws to a close, Triangle Software LLC, d.b.a.Beat the Traffic®, the fastest-growing provider of vehicle traffic reporting solutions for media in North America, is reflecting on a wildly successful year bursting with new landmarks for Beat the Traffic technology – including record numbers of users and media partners, the availability of its mapping technology for European broadcasters, and an expanding palate of tools to help travelers reach their destinations quickly and safely.
Of particular note, Beat the Traffic added a record 18 North American media affiliates in 2011, bringing the total number of Beat the Traffic’s television and cable partners to 56. Contributing to this milestone was the development and release of Version 6.2 of Beat the Traffic 3D, featuring a brand new suite of traffic reporting tools for broadcast media. Compatible with Windows 7 USB touch screen TVs, Beat the Traffic 3D features traffic information on arterial and secondary roads and allows broadcasters to compute travel times between different distances on the fly, scroll over roads to show current speeds, and display live “incident feeds” that show viewers traffic events as they happen. Newscasters can also zoom in and out of traffic hotspots, link directly to on-the-scene footage through SDI video cameras, and set up animated “fly through” displays of Beat the Traffic’s high-resolution, topographical maps for a more captivating viewer experience.
Other significant achievements for Beat the Traffic included:
- More than 1.6 million users downloaded Beat the Traffic mobile apps on iPad, iPhone, Android and Blackberry platforms by December 1st, with more than 20,000 new downloads every week
- Beat the Traffic’s iPhone app consistently placed among the top 10 navigation apps for the iPhone and both iPhone and Android apps have maintained excellent user ratings (4 out of 5 stars), an extraordinary feat in today’s ultracompetitive app market
- Beat the Traffic’s combined network saw a record 3 million monthly visits and 8.5 million page views
- Beat the Traffic’s broadcast technology now covers most major European cities
- The development of live traffic map technology that includes real-time traffic conditions for most surface streets and leverages OpenStreetMap, an online, collaborative map of the entire world
- The launch of Drivee, a new mobile app for the iPhone that provides drivers with real-time feedback on their fuel use and the environmental effects of their driving habits
- The introduction of many new tools, including traffic at a glance, speed tips for the iPhone, live camera access in 35 cities, and Pro commuter routes (available by subscription on the iPhone)
“First and foremost, we are extremely grateful to all our customers and partners for an outstanding 2011. They are the reason and motivation for all our success,” said Beat the Traffic President and CEO Andre Gueziec.
“Between our own achievements and the constantly evolving realm of transportation technology, it’s been an incredible year,” added Gueziec. “Never before have we known so much about the way people travel and the challenges they face – and yet, we are only scratching the surface of what is possible through technology. Each one of our accomplishments has inspired us to dig even deeper to help travelers save time and money. As a result, our fans can expect even more exciting ways to Beat the Traffic in 2012.”
About Beat the Traffic
Based in Santa Clara, California, Beat the Traffic® is the fastest growing provider of vehicle traffic reporting solutions in North America. Over one million motorists throughout the U.S. and Canada have downloaded Beat the Traffic’s mobile applications, and the Beat the Traffic 3D system and software is currently used by 55 television stations, cable providers, and newspaper groups for on-air, online and mobile traffic reports. Acclaimed for its visually-striking graphics, simple setup and user-friendly interface, Beat the Traffic is a recipient of the TVTechnology STAR Award as well as Television Broadcast magazine's Top Innovation Award. As the only independent provider in the industry, Beat the Traffic has sustained its rapid expansion via media affiliates by maintaining a relentless focus on technical innovation and state-of-the-art data modeling, coupled with the tools, service, and personalized attention the media needs to deliver a distinguished product in an increasingly “me too” environment. Triangle Software LLC, the parent company of Beat the Traffic, is a National Science Foundation funded early innovator in traffic prediction and presentation science. Beat the Traffic technology is protected by U.S. Patents Nos. 6,989,765, 7,161,497, 7,221,287, 7,375,649, 7,508,321, 7,557,730, 7,610,145, 7,702,452 and 7,880,642 and other pending patents. For more information visit http://www.beatthetraffic.com or http://www.trianglesoftware.com; watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/beatthetraffic; or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/btt3d.