"Connoisseur chilli sauces from Hot-Headz make the perfect male stocking filler - quirky, original, entertaining and from under a fiver!"
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 6 December 2011
Stuck for ideas for male stocking fillers this year? – Well, here’s a ‘must have’ for every woman to give to a man, and every food loving male to add to his Xmas wish list.
So, add a bit of a kick to Xmas with a unique connoisseur chilli sauce specially chosen by Hot-Headz! (http://www.hot-headz.com), stockists of the largest chilli sauce selection in the UK. It’s quirky, original, has fantastic novelty value and is something that will be used. In fact we believe a bottle of chilli sauce is a perfect stocking filler for any discerning male foodie of the species, guaranteed to bring Yuletide cheer and warmth. A perfect Secret Santa gift for the office Xmas party too.
They are also healthy – a 2008 study in The Journal of Biological Chemistry found that Capsaicin (the main compound in chillies that makes them hot) can increase metabolism.
We all know there is a love hate relationship between men and chillies. They can’t resist the temptation of tingling taste buds and yet when they indulge they end up asking themselves ‘why on earth did I do that’ whilst swilling down gallons of water to kill the heat (big mistake by the way; see notes for editors) - and then they go and do it again. It’s all down to the endorphins that chillies make us produce by creating a sense of euphoria, along with a pinch of male bravado no doubt.
And with a bottle of superb provenance chilli sauce from Hot-Headz! typically costing from £3.99 to £6.99, it won’t make a dent in the old wallet. So why not buy a bottle or even a few.
Here are our top six ‘connoisseurs’ recommendations to choose from, gradually moving up the heat scale from ‘beginners mild’ to ‘it’ll blow your head off’ (In addition to the heat, the range of flavours, colours and textures are remarkable and varied, just like with wines, so why not try a few and do a tasting):
1. Tapatio Hot Sauce - 40th Anniversary of this Mexican inspired sauce popular amongst chilli aficionados across the USA. A robust but mild cayenne pepper sauce with great flavour and a sweet citrusy tang that's good for all round use. Perfect ‘for the chilli novice! Hot-Headz heat rating: 3/10. £3.99 Hyperlink to purchase: BUY TAPATIO
2. Brother Bru-Bru's Mild African Pepper Sauce - A mouth watering blend of chilli peppers, garlic and rare African spices. Brother Bru Bru is in fact musician Bruce Langhorne who used to play with Bob Dylan who then wrote Mr.Tambourine Man about Bruce. Splash it on or in everything. Hot-Headz heat rating: 5/10. £3.99 Hyperlink to purchase : BUY BROTHER BRU BRU'S
3. Pyromania - Wanna Play With Fire? Made with habanero peppers and chipotle "Chee-Poht-Lay" (smoked jalapeno) peppers for a wonderful rich and smoky hot sauce that's great on everything from eggs and vegetables to fish, meat, rice and pasta. Hot-Headz heat rating: 7/10. £3.99 Hyperlink to purchase: BUY PYROMANIA
4. Hot-Headz own Who Dares Burns - Crushed Naga Hot Sauce - The Naga Bhut Jolokia is the Guinness Book of World Records holder of the Hottest Chilli in the World. Skilfully blended with select natural ingredients to make the tastiest and freshest flavoured Naga sauce on the market. In skiing parlance, this is definitely black run. Hot-Headz heat rating: 9/10. £3.99 Hyperlink to purchase : BUY NAGA HOT SAUCE
5. Mad Dog 357 - Claiming to be the ‘World's Hottest Sauce’, about as hot as you can go without being classed as a food additive. A blend of 160,000 scoville super hot cayenne peppers, fiery hot red habanero peppers and finally a whopping 2,000,000 scoville pepper extract. A totally off-piste 357,000 Scoville unit sauce. Hot-Headz heat rating: 11/10. £6.95 Hyperlink to purchase : BUY MAD DOG 357
AND FINALLY, for the bloke (nutter) who thinks he can handle heat of truly nuclear proportions try this for size:
6. Mad Dog's Revenge - Habanero and Chilli Extract - At 1 million Scoville units (450 times hotter than Tabasco) this chilli extract is not a sauce or condiment but a food additive; it would take nearly 5 kilos of habanero peppers to make just one bottle! To be used with extreme caution (one pin size drop at a time, seriously) as an addition to recipes. Will send you into orbit! ONLY FOR THE INSANE! £14.95. THE WARNINGS ON THE BOTTLE ARE SERIOUS ANG GENUINE. Hyperlink to purchase : BUY MAD DOG'S REVENGE
To purchase: Go to http://www.hot-headz.com (or use hyperlinks next to description of each sauce above) to order on-line OR Call: 01453 731052. P&P (UK Mainland): £2.00 - £6.75 depending on no of items ordered. Free delivery on orders over £100. Some products in the selection may need to be altered due to availability.
For further information contact:
T: 01483 271291
M: 0797 9900733
Notes for Editors:
Founded in 1994 by Stuart McAllister, chilli officiando and a world authority on the subject, Hot-Headz! has become a mecca for those seeking not just extreme heat but the whole variety and subtleties of flavour that chillies bring to the world of cuisine. Indeed, Hot-Headz! is an Aladdin’s Cave for the discerning foodie and gourmet looking for authentic speciality products.
Over the years the Hot-Headz! range has grown to literally hundreds of items including hot sauces, dried chillies, pickled chillies, BBQ sauces, steak sauces, wing sauces, salsas, marinades mustards, relishes, chutneys, mayonnaises, jams and jellies, dry spices and rubs, wasabi products, curry pastes, Thai and Mexican foods, crisps, nuts, books, posters, T-shirts and everything chilli.
Hot-Headz! stocks the the widest range of speciality hot sauces in the UK and so whether it’s the fresh, grassy taste of the jalapeno, the smoky, nutty flavour of the chipotle, the blisteringly hot and fruity flavour of the habanero or the insane burn from the Naga, Hot-Headz! will have the sauce for you.
So why do people like chilli sauce?
The reason for the pleasure derived from eating the hottest chillies is that the capsaicin (the heat providing oil in the chilli, which is actually present in the white membrane inside the chilli to which the seeds are attached) leads to the production of endorphins in the body which act as natural pain killers and can create a feeling of euphoria. Capsaicin (Cap-Say-Uh-Sin) also triggers nerves such as those found in your tongue skin and these nerves send pain messages to the brain telling it you are eating something hot.
How do you stop the burn?
Any dairy product like milk, yoghurt, ice cream or cheese will help ease the burn after eating chillies because a protein called casein breaks the bond between the pain receptors and the capsaicin. Also milk chocolate works very well. Don’t drink water, it’s like pouring petrol on a fire! Capsacin is not soluble in water so it just makes it worse! A Word Of Warning! The habanero pepper is 100 times hotter than the jalapeno pepper. The Naga is sometimes nearly three times as hot again! Use with caution if you are not used to this type of heat. And for pure chilli extract extreme care is required – really only to be used in recipes in minute quantities.
About the Scoville Heat Scale.
A scale of chilli hotness exists which is measured in Scoville Heat Units (SHU’s). It was developed back in 1912 by Wilbur Scoville using a human tasting panel. The Scoville scale is still very much in use although the human panel has been replaced by a high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) machine. For more information about the Scoville heat scale go to this link: Scoville Heat Scale