World’s Largest International Property Portal for Chinese Consumers Launches:

Share Article

A new property portal has launched with over 1 million listings already live. helps agents reach Chinese buyers -- the fastest growing property buyer group in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK.

It’s not enough any longer to just list property in English. Chinese will be the dominant language on the Internet by 2015, and Chinese are among the fastest growing group of property buyers around the world. ––the world’s largest international property search and information platform for Mandarin-speaking Chinese consumers, when ranked by number of property listings and resources (see Table)–– has just launched.

Over 1 million property listings, from over 80,000 agents and developers in the USA, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and Japan are already displayed on the site.

Chinese consumers further benefit from’s extensive editorial content, buying guides, market analysis, social media integration and a call centre – all in Chinese. is the first site to map international listings in Chinese, and also provide potential buyers with an estimate of all costs associated with buying a particular property.

Table: Chinese Language Portals for International Property: 1,000,000 listings, 2000 editorials, 150 buying guides
Next closest competitor*: 500 listings, 80 editorials, 0 buying guides

  •              As reported publicly.

Since launch, has penetrated Chinese communities around the world, with 92% of visitors coming from over 281 cities throughout Mainland China, and the remaining 8% coming from Taiwan, Singapore and other locations. (Google Analytics) helps agents reach a large and growing market. According to the Global Chinese Real Estate Congress, Chinese buyers will purchase US$50 billion of overseas property in 2012. Current trends suggest that in 2011 they are on track to acquire property worth a total of more than US$28 billion internationally, including US$10 billion in the US, more than US$2.4 billion (£1.53 billion) in the UK and more than US$3 billion (AU$2.9 billion) in Australia. has partnerships with some of the world’s most recognised property sites, including (UK), (Australia) and select MLS’s in the USA, with more international partnerships expected to be announced soon.

In China, works with China’s biggest online brands, including Baidu, Sina Weibo, and Renren.

For agents who want to advertise to Chinese property buyers,’s English-language administrative portal is Agents simply key in property data and select their criteria. takes care of the translation, metric and currency conversions and mapping. Agents can upload individual listings, or bulk listings via XML.

In addition to the consumer portal, in 2012 will roll out new services and tools for both Chinese-language property buyers and international real estate agents.

Co-Founder of, Andrew Taylor, said draws on nearly two years of extensive research into its target consumers and property agents.

“Chinese consumers have three criteria: abundant listings, unbiased information and trustworthiness. Agents around the world want an easy way to access the China market, and help communicating throughout the sales process. We’ve designed with both of these users in mind.”

“It’s not enough any longer to just list property in English. Chinese will be the dominant language on the Internet by 2015, and Chinese are among the fastest growing group of property buyers around the world. We want to help agents market property to Chinese- buyers, wherever located.”

The team behind has 30 years of combined experience in the online sector and a proven track record of bringing successful property portals and print media products to Chinese consumers, as well as effective online marketing solutions to global real estate agents. They formerly held senior roles at one of the world’s most profitable real estate portal companies, the REA Group; operator of in Australia, and similar portals in seven countries.

To celebrate its launch, is currently offering to list properties for free. In the future, the site will offer affordable advertising products and a range of services which agents can customise to suit their business and budget. Most importantly, is independent, and does not charge commission.

About Juwai
Juwai means “home overseas” in Chinese, and is the largest property portal catering to the needs of the world’s Chinese-language population, based on number of property listings, editorial stories and real estate guides. aims to empower Chinese consumers and help real estate agents grow their businesses by accessing the world’s fastest-growing buyers of international property. is headquartered in Hong Kong and has a presence in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Zhuhai, People’s Republic of China. To advertise, visit:


Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Dave Platter

+61 432 814 888
Email >
Visit website