Chicago, IL (PRWEB) December 07, 2011
Chicagoans can “shop local” for the holidays – in the process, avoiding traffic jams and crowded malls – by visiting University Village Marketplace, a mix of dining, retail and service offerings in the heart of Chicago’s historic Maxwell Street.
Many businesses there are offering valuable holiday deals, some extending into early 2012. Discounts and specials range from designer resale clothing to bicycles and Japanese-manufactured products, plus a wide range of healthcare and beauty services as well as food and beverage offerings. Details and downloadable coupons (required for many offers) are available at http://www.uvmarketplace.com/specials.html.
- Knight Insurance and Patterson Tax Services.
- Healthcare providers ABC Pediatric Dentistry and Marketplace Vision.
- Beauty service providers Great Clips, Halsted Tan and Spa, and Paul Mitchell – The School Chicago.
- Retailers Kawaii Japanese Outlet, Rapid Transit Cycleshop, The Bottom Line, and Verizon Wireless.
- Restaurants Caribou Coffee, Express Grill, Hashbrowns, Jamba Juice, Jim’s Original Hot Dog, Kohan Japanese Restaurant, Quiznos, and Reggios Pizza.
About University Village Marketplace
Located on the south campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago – and on the former site of the historic and renowned Maxwell Street "open air" market – University Village Marketplace (http://www.uvmarketplace.com) is a unique and family-friendly shopping area composed of businesses, restaurants, taverns, retail outlets and service shops. Everything is conveniently dispersed along Halsted and Maxwell Streets, Roosevelt Road and Union Avenue.
# # #