Many enterprises struggle to expose RESTful APIs, and ultimately they spend more time and effort architecting workaround solutions.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) December 06, 2011
Effective business-to-business communications rely on application programming interfaces (APIs) to connect companies’ disparate systems. However, many enterprises struggle to expose RESTful APIs, and ultimately they spend more time and effort architecting workaround solutions. IT architects and developers can gain insights into identifying and addressing the challenges around Restful APIs by attending the WSO2 workshop, “Creating RESTful APIs: Using the WSO2 Platform.” The half-day, hands-on technical workshop will run Thursday, December 8, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., in Palo Alto, CA. For more information, visit wso2.com/events/workshops/2011-december-palo-alto-restful-apis-workshop.
Creating RESTful APIs
The workshop is designed for IT architects and developers looking to build effective RESTful APIs for different business domains. The workshop will explore how to expose heterogeneous back-end services as RESTful APIs using the WSO2 Carbon middleware platform. The session also will examine how the WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (WSO2 ESB), WSO2 Application Server, and WSO2 Data Services Server (WSO2 DSS) provide solutions for publishing and creating RESTful services.
Workshop session topics will include:
· API Architecture will look at how to design a RESTful API using basic REST methods to meet a specific business requirement and how to enhance the API using techniques such as HyperMedia.
· API Gateway Pattern Using WSO2 ESB will cover how to expose back-end services as a RESTful API using the WSO2 ESB, and how to secure an API using security protocols such as HTTP basic authentication or Open Authorization (OAuth).
· Writing REST Services will examine how to publish RESTful APIs by writing services with a REST binding using the JAX-RS Java API for RESTful Web services, along with how WSO2 Application Server can be used to host JAX-RS.
· RESTful Data Access will demonstrate how WSO2 DSS enables architects to expose data entities as resources and perform create, read, update and delete (CRUD) operations using REST methods.
· Your Business as a Service will cover how clouds provide an optimal infrastructure for API hosting. Highlighting various cloud benefits, this session also will showcase how vertical platform-as-a-service (PaaS) lets enterprise extend their business APIs into the cloud.
The workshop will be presented by Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture. Asanka is an Apache Software Foundation committer, who has contributed to the Apache Synapse project. He brings more than 10 years experience of developing and deploying service-oriented architectures (SOAs) and scalable distributed systems. Asanka also specializes in working with enterprise customers in financial services and other industries to design and architect mission-critical applications, business integration and mobile solutions.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.