4 new improvements at the Bing search engine will result in enhanced ROI and greater efficiency.
St. Petersburg, FL (PRWEB) December 13, 2011
About a month ago, you read (http://R2D.acquirgy.net) how Google’s major announcement would affect marketers. Recently Bing (Microsoft) announced several changes to their adCenter. Acquirgy has released a search alert on these announcements.
The new enhancements at Bing include:
- New user interface
- Negative keyword match types
- Actionable insights with advanced reporting
- Increased filter customization
New User Interface
Bing has streamlined the way changes can be made to campaign settings. This will allow ad agencies to serve our client needs even more efficiently than today, especially when there are a large number of changes to be made.
Negative Keyword Match Types
This important change will now enable advertisers to optimize and manage keywords to a greater efficiency. When a broad match keyword is not producing the desired ROI, SEM marketers can now “exact match” these keywords, so that keywords that are too general or irrelevant will be eliminated. This change will increase ROAS. This option has been available on Google for many years and we’re very excited that Bing has upgraded their capabilities.
Actionable Insights With Advanced Reporting
Enhancements in this area by far provide the greatest impact for increased SEM campaign efficiency. They are:
- A new tool that will help gauge keyword traffic, first page estimations and estimates of best position. POV: this enhancement will help outline costs and better prepare for new launching of keywords. This means a better handle on costs and the ability to make projections.
- Detailed status reports on warnings and disapprovals. This new feature gives more detail on why ads have been declined. POV: this enables a clearer understanding of Bing’s evaluation process, make changes faster, and avoid declines in the future. More ads will be approved, launched and generating revenues.
- Impression share report. This new report shows data around missed impressions due to rank, budget or other factors. POV: this is a major enhancement because:
o It gives more information when we launch new keywords, leading to faster ROI optimization.
o It alerts when there is more traffic that is available, leading to greater scale.
o It helps facilitate the test of a larger volume of keywords, which means more profitable search terms than ever before will be identified.
Increased Filter Customization
This enhancement enables advertisers and agencies to locate and manage data faster. Like the new interface, this speeds up the ability to optimize client campaigns.
While these changes aren’t as far-reaching as Google’s announcement in November, they are meaningful and welcomed, in that they will improve the efficiency of search campaigns on Bing.
# # #