Some of the hot holiday items we are seeing based on SaleLocator searches include the iPad, Kindle, Keurig, Uggs and the gaming systems, Xbox, PS3 and Wii - Michael Falkson, SaleLocator CEO
Valhalla, NY (PRWEB) December 07, 2011
The holiday countdown is on – only 19 more shopping days until Christmas. Most Americans have not finished their holiday shopping, so sales search engine and app SaleLocator (http://salelocator.com) is offering tips for finishing the holiday shopping on budget with less stress.
“The holidays are a stressful time – even for people who love to shop, so it is important to try and stay ahead of the holiday rush especially if you have a very specific shopping list,” said Michael Falkson, co-founder and CEO of SaleLocator. “Some of the hot holiday items we are seeing based on SaleLocator searches include the iPad, Kindle, Keurig, Uggs and the gaming systems, Xbox, PS3 and Wii. GameStop, JCPenney and Macy’s were the top SaleLocator retailer destinations in November.”
SaleLocator’s Tips to simplify holiday shopping include:
1. Check the box – When you purchase a gift that needs to be assembled, check the box as soon as you get it home to make sure all of the parts are included. It’s a good idea to open all boxed gifts to ensure they are complete.
2. Pay attention to the return policy – Most retailers offer an extended holiday return policy but there may be special circumstances for computers, TVs and other electronics. Check your retailer and always ask for a gift receipt.
3. Have alternative items – Some of this year’s hot gifts, such as the LeadPad Explorer Learning Tablet, are already very limited in availability. Make sure to have a back up gift idea to help eliminate the hassle of the endless search. Also, ask the store about restocking options.
4. Don’t wait to order online – Many retailers offer free shipping promotions, but that doesn’t apply if your order requires rush shipping. Check retailers for their last available regular delivery dates, which can range from Dec. 12 to Dec. 19.
5. Last minute steals – Typically, the closer the holidays get the lower prices will drop. This is helpful if you are buying basic items like clothing, accessories, movies etc.; however, if you are looking for a very specific brand name item, buy it soon.
Offering 275,000 local in-store retail sales for nearly 1,000 retailers, drugstores and grocers, SaleLocator’s Christmas tab, automatically presents holiday sales for retailers like Target, JCPenney, Walmart, Sears and Best Buy. Consumers can also search for sales based on product name, keywords or categories including Clothing and Apparel, Consumer Electronics, Jewelry & Watches, Toys & Games and more.
A nationwide shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, SaleLocator offers the largest collection of in-store sale information to help local bargain hunters find the best ongoing sales near them. Founded in 2010, SaleLocator is providing local shoppers an average of 275,000 sales per day. For more information visit http://salelocator.com.