Washington, DC (PRWEB) December 12, 2011
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Medicare Advantage News, Health Plan Week, AIS’s Health Reform Week and Drug Benefit News, is pleased to announce its December 15 webinar, Medicare Advantage and Part D: Lessons Learned From 2012 Annual Election Period Results. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1a46_121511.
The 2012 Medicare Advantage and Part D Annual Election Period (AEP) has been the most challenging one MA plans have ever had to deal with. In addition to an earlier window for enrollment, plans had to do their marketing amid unprecedented levels of CMS scrutiny and enforcement. And campaigns had to be planned — and marketing begun — before the 2012 MA star ratings of competitors were known. Many MA sponsors were scrambling to revise their marketing strategies when full star ratings were unveiled Oct. 12, three days before the start of enrollment and after marketing already had begun.
During the Dec 15 webinar — just one week after the end of the AEP — Jeff Fox, president of Gorman Health Group and one of the industry’s top MA and Part D marketing experts, will lead a post-mortem on what happened this fall and why. Long before CMS data for 2012 enrollment will be released, webinar participants will get insider insights on what worked, what didn’t and what it all means as plans work to finalize their applications to CMS for 2013 MA and Part D product offerings. During the 60-minute presentation and 30 minutes of Q&A, webinar attendees will get reliable strategic information on such key topics as:
- To what extent did the earlier AEP impact enrollment? What should plans do differently for the 2013 AEP next year?
- Which specific marketing strategies worked, and which didn’t? What lessons should MA and Part D plans take away from their experiences?
- How big of a role did star ratings play in marketing and sales? How should that influence preparations for next year?
- In what ways did CMS change its scrutiny of AEP sales and marketing?
- Which areas of marketing compliance caused the most problems for MA and Part D plans? What changes should be made for 2013 as a result?
- What sales and retention strategies should plans employ as a result of their experiences with the 2012 AEP?
- What do the 2012 AEP sales and marketing results mean for decisions on which products plans will ask CMS permission to offer for 2013?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1a46_121511 for more details and registration information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
# # #