“The new Schick Hydro Silk™ razor transforms the shaving experience."- Matthew Rader, Senior Brand Manager, Energizer Personal Care.
Shelton, CT (PRWEB) December 12, 2011
The uniquely designed razor delivers an experience far beyond just an incredibly close shave, and actually cares for the skin by replacing moisture shaving can take away. The razor is a combination of breakthrough technology delivering a proprietary water activated moisturizing serum that hydrates skin with each shaving stroke coupled with patented 5 Curve Sensing Blades and unique Skin Guards that protect and care for sensitive skin.
“Shaving is an essential part of the female skincare ritual, but is oven overlooked. For most women their beauty regimen begins in the shower by preparing their skin by cleaning it, but also shaving it. The shaving process is a big factor in achieving that transformation to beautiful, silky smooth, radiant skin,” says Matthew Rader, Senior Brand Manager, Energizer Personal Care. “The new Schick Hydro Silk™ razor transforms the shaving experience. This razor delivers moisturization when women need it most in their skincare ritual, during the gentle exfoliation process of shaving. The Hydro Silk™ razor takes shaving from just a chore to the ultimate way to complement a skincare routine.”
Schick’s research found that women know a refreshing shaving experience can also transform their entire attitude, influence how they feel and present themselves throughout the day and make them feel more confident. Perfecting that transformative shaving experience required Schick’s shaving experts t0 rethink the razor from top to bottom to explore how each function of the razor could help provide skin benefits during shaving. The result is a breakthrough in women’s shaving. In consumer testing, women said they preferred the new Schick Hydro Silk™ razor over the leading 5-blade razor. This is why:
1. Water-activated moisturizing serum hydrates throughout each shave: The act of shaving is known to strip skin of essential moisture and can leave it dry, dull and irritated. The Schick Hydro Silk™ razor has moisturizing serum that activates with water to help replenish skin’s natural moisture throughout each shave. This advanced lubricating reservoir is more than a reinvention of the traditional lubricating strip - it is a totally re-engineered system to be more effective, delivering soothing lubricating ingredients while hydrating the skin.
2. 5 Curve-Sensing Blades deliver an incredibly close shave: this is Schick’s first 5-blade razor for women and it leverages 7 years of blade technology research to bring women Schick’s closest shave yet. Unlike many of their razors, the Schick Hydro Silk™ razor blades are individually mounted to the cartridge which allows the specially designed blade tips to flow smoothly over a woman’s distinctive skin contours.
3. Unique Skin Guards help protect skin from irritation: the invention of Skin Guards on the top of each blade--to smooth the skin while shaving, which helps reduce irritation--represents both a completely new approach to achieving closeness and an industry advancement in shaving comfort and irritation reduction. The result is a unique shaving experience that no other women’s shaving system offers.
4. Compact oval cartridge shape for closeness and hydration in all zones: the unique design was developed to answer consumers’ calls for a razor head that easily fit into sensitive and/or hard to reach areas as well as easily maneuvering around curves and contours.
5. Beautiful, ergonomic and soft aqueous handle: Recognizing that the design aesthetics are as important as the actual functional purpose that the handle serves, Schick spent two years developing the handle. This is Schick’s most beautiful, feminine handle that is as easy to control and maneuver around curves as it is attractive.
About Schick- Hydro Silk™
Schick Hydro Silk™ will be available in January 2012 retailing for $9.99 on the razor and $14.99 for a 4 count refill at supermarkets, drug stores and mass market retailers nationwide.
Schick Hydro Silk™ is a product of Energizer Personal Care. A leading manufacturer of razors and blades around the world, Energizer Personal Care is a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings Inc., headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. It ranks as the world’s second largest manufacturer and marketer of wet shave products for men and women. Energizer Personal Care markets products in over 100 countries worldwide under the Schick and Wilkinson Sword brands.
For more information on shaving and the Schick Hydro Silk™ razor, visit: facebook.com/hydrosilk and twitter.com/hydrosilk. © 2011 Energizer.
Schick, Schick Hydro Silk and other marks are trademarks of Energizer.