"We continue to research this sector and we predict that mobile search and development is going to be absolutely huge by 2015" - Matt Wood, Head of Search, SEO Positive Limited
(PRWEB UK) 13 December 2011
The search team behind SEO Positive is becoming increasingly excited by the future of mobile search, which is set to become a phenomenon in the New Year. The company has already unveiled plans to add a number of mobile optimisation services to its digital marketing packages, but why should businesses invest in professional onsite and offsite SEO for the mobile web?
Matt Wood, Head of Search at the SEO agency and a fervent follower of this latest web trend, explains why companies should be considering capitalising on the opportunities of the mobile platform. “We continue to research this sector and we predict that mobile search and development is going to be absolutely huge by 2015,” Matt says. “Companies shouldn’t be waiting to get involved – they should be exploring their options in the next few months to say ahead of their competition.”
Matt and the rest of the search team at the search engine marketing company has put together five reasons why companies should be partnering with a skilled SEO company and beginning to optimise their mobile in time for the start of 2012. After all, this is the year in which mobile search is predicted to take off fully and have an even bigger impact on web-based sales and
1. Without the right kind of onsite SEO, your mobile site won’t be found within the mobile-specific search engines (such as Google Mobile and Jumptap). The algorithms behind these engines are different to those designed for desktop PCs, but a professional optimisation company can make all the necessary modifications that will ensure that a site will be picked up by the masses. The agency in question should also be addressing the overall accessibility of your site from a mobile user’s perspective.
2. There are so many different browsers and operating systems in use and the job of a mobile optimisation agency is to make sure that a website is coded to comply with all of them. For example, ideally a site needs to adhere to W3C MobileOK web standards if it’s to perform to the best of its ability.
3. Users require a different search experience from their mobile phone. Companies need to tap into the search behaviours of smartphone users if they’re going to drive even more traffic to their website.
4. In line with the point above, mobile SEO is much more dependent on the user’s location. This presents businesses with an opportunity to draw in consumers in their local region, especially if their services are area-specific. Remember, it’s these individuals who are likely to return time and time again as loyal customers.
5. Mobile searchers often target search terms that are radically different to those considered lucrative for desktop search platforms. The lack of space on the screen results means that users prefer using concise search terms with minimal characters. A forward-thinking SEO agency such as SEO Positive will carry out extensive keyword research with this factor in mind to present clients with a number of search terms that are most likely to maximise their ROI.
SEO Positive is expected to launch its mobile SEO services in the first quarter of 2012. All businesses excited by this new prospect are invited to get in touch with the company’s sales team for more information and guidance.
SEO Positive was established in 2007 in Chelmsford, Essex with the aim of bringing effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, social media marketing and website design.