• Once guests enter a home, they become the responsibility of the homeowner. Therefore, party hosts should ensure that none of their guests drive home after they have consumed alcohol.
Newhall, California (PRWEB) December 15, 2011
New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest nights of the year for parties. Whether it’s a family event or an outing with friends, many California residents are likely gearing up for some type of gathering on December 31. While ringing in the new year with champagne and sparkle can be fun, the team at Heitz Insurance Agency wants to ensure that all of its clients who plan on hosting New Year’s gatherings are covered against the many potential risks that are associated with holiday gatherings with California insurance.
Heitz Insurance Agency would like all of its clients and fellow California residents to consider taking the following precautions in order to avoid claims on their California home insurance policies this New Year’s Eve:
- Candles are a staple for festive gatherings, but ensure that these are not placed anywhere that they could easily be knocked down or come into contact with flammable fabrics like drapes and couch cushions.
- When planning the party, be sure to avoid foods that young guests could easily choke on such as nuts, hard candy, grapes and popcorn.
- In addition, be aware of any food allergies that guests may have.
- Don’t leave food on the cooking range since this can easily lead to a house fire. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires.
- Once guests enter a home, they become the responsibility of the homeowner. Therefore, party hosts should ensure that none of their guests drive home after they have consumed alcohol.
The team at Heitz Insurance Agency wants all California residents to have a happy New Year, regardless of what their plans for celebration may be. However, when it comes to potential California home insurance claims, it’s better to be safe than sorry by taking the necessary steps to prevent possible accidents.
About Heitz Insurance Agency:
Heitz Insurance Agency is a full-service, independent California insurance agency. Since 1965, we have been Santa Clarita’s premier insurance provider - offering nothing short of an outstanding customer experience. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance, and our staff offers quality and reliable service that you can count on with no broker fees. Se habla español.