Houston, TX (PRWEB) December 13, 2011
EminentWare, a leading provider of add-on solutions for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), today announced a new version of the EminentWare Extension Pack, version 1.7 SP1. The EminentWare Extension Pack provides Microsoft WSUS and Microsoft SCCM customers with powerful patch management and third party update management capabilities, as well as WMI repair, client health diagnostics, remediation, enterprise inventory, and more. The latest release of the EminentWare Extension Pack v1.7 SP1 now supports remote SQL Server instances and co-located SQL Server instances, enabling administrators to leverage SQL Servers that already exist in their IT enterprise without the need for additional hardware and software. This new support will make the EminentWare Extension Pack faster and easier to install and will enhance productivity for all EminentWare evaluators and customers.
In addition to support for Remote SQL Server, the new EminentWare Extension Pack v1.7 SP1 also offers:
- Enhanced Enterprise-wide WMI Repair:
The EminentWare Extension Pack enables customers to repair WMI enterprise-wide across multiple clients from a central point of control. This new version now offers the ability to also uninstall/install the SCCM Agent SMS ID to further enhance WMI repair.
- Enhanced Wake-On-LAN Capabilities:
The EminentWare Extension Pack provides the ability for IT managers to turn-on/turn-off desktop computers in order to be patched. EminentWare now offers the ability to pre-install Wake-On-LAN on PCs across the enterprise in a few simple steps.
- Management of Multiple WSUS Server Configurations:
EminentWare now offers the ability to mass-configure WSUS Server Configuration Settings across multiple WSUS Servers in a few simple steps. Targeted to large WSUS environments, IT managers can now synchronize schedules across tens or hundreds of WSUS Servers at once.
- Views of ConfigMgr Maintenance Windows:
EminentWare now provides the ability to conveniently view maintenance windows across multiple clients in a System Center Configuration Manager environment from a central, consolidated view. This is information that must usually be obtained on one machine at a time.
- Improved 3rd Party Patch Management Error Management:
EminentWare now offers improved instructions and descriptions for errors that may be encountered when patching non-Microsoft or third party patches. This more detailed information enables IT managers to more quickly identify and fix issues with the patch.
- MSI Logging:
EminentWare now allows administrators to quickly and easily enable MSI logging on one or more computers to make it easier to diagnose and triage update installation issues.
- Enhanced Task Scheduling:
EminentWare now offers the ability to schedule and run update management or client health tasks at specific times such as hourly, on a certain day of the month, or on a specific date.
- Improved reporting capabilities:
EminentWare now offers the ability to create targeted reports. For example, IT managers can select machines in task history, create an EminentWare computer group and create very targeted reports on those machines only.
- Enhanced 3rd Party Patch Detection:
EminentWare now offers the ability to detect updates published to a WSUS Server.
- Enhanced 3rd Party Patch Management Wizard:
The 3rd Party Patch Management Wizard now enables IT managers to keep a version history of all packages that are created, edited, and published.
Pricing and Availability
EminentWare Extension Pack version 1.7 SP1 is now available. All customers holding a current maintenance contract with EminentWare may download the new version free of charge. A fully-functional 30 day trial of the EminentWare Extension Pack can be downloaded by visiting http://www.eminentware.com. Also live demonstrations of EminentWare’s patch management and configuration management solutions for both WSUS and ConfigMgr are offered weekly, visit http://www.eminentware.com to register.
About EminentWare’s Add-On Solutions for Microsoft WSUS and Microsoft ConfigMgr
EminentWare provides solutions that extend the power of Microsoft WSUS and Microsoft ConfigMgr to provide 3rd party patch management, advanced patch management control, client health, configuration management, easy-to-use reporting, and more. Key patch management and configuration management benefits provided by EminentWare include:
Advanced 3rd Party Patch Management
- Extends WSUS and ConfigMgr to enable 3rd party patch management on desktops and servers enterprise-wide.
- Provides pre-built and tested patches for popular 3rd party applications, including Google Chrome, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Mozilla Firefox, iTunes, Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Editions, and more. Using WSUS or ConfigMgr, patches can be easily deployed to desktops or servers enterprise-wide – requiring no scripting and saving many hours on patch management.
- Provides real-time views and reporting, enabling IT managers to quickly determine which patches need to be installed where. Also dynamically control which patches get deployed where and when.
- Sends automatic notifications when new patches are announced by vendors – via email and “Outlook style” pop-up alerts.
- EminentWare’s PackageBoot™ technology enables IT managers to handle advanced deployment scenarios including the ability to run before and after” scripts.
- Perform on-demand enterprise actions such as enterprise-wide discovery, software and hardware inventory, immediate reboots, and software update scans and deployments.
- Generate enterprise-wide reports and real-time views about patches, desktop configurations, server configurations, desktop & server health and more.
- Diagnose and repair WMI Agents, Windows Update Agents, ConfigMgr Agents, and WSUS Agents enterprise-wide.
- Perform enterprise discovery and inventory 200+ machine details enterprise-wide.
- Manage server and desktop configurations without interfering with end-users.
About EminentWare LLC
EminentWare LLC provides highly scalable, cost-effective and powerful enterprise update and configuration management solutions. EminentWare enhances and extends the power of Microsoft management tools such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. EminentWare’s solutions reduce management time and expense by providing 3rd party updates, advanced update management control, on-demand enterprise actions such as reboots, enterprise discovery, software and hardware Inventory, software update scans and deployments, extensive reporting, policy evaluations, WMI and Windows Update Agent Repair, enhanced IT management data collection and health views and Configuration Manager and WSUS Agent diagnostics and re-install capabilities. For more information, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com
©2011 EminentWare LLC. EminentWare is a trademark of EminentWare LLC. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.