Presentation of Books to Prof. Cao Jianming, President, International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (IAACA), Prosecutor General of China, and to Dr. Eduardo Vetere, IAACA Vice President, Former Director, Treaty Affairs, UNODC, Vienna
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (PRWEB) December 19, 2011
Nihal Sri Ameresekere releases his new book “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Criminality Exposed, but Perversely Covered-up” (published by AuthorHouse), the voluminous 8th book in a series by Nihal Sri Ameresekere on corruption, fraud, economic crime, governance, rule of law, dealing with real case studies. In this new release, Ameresekere analyses in depth, transcending forensic accounting, brilliantly revealing, with incisive diametrics, irrefutable evidence of criminality, in the construction of Colombo Hilton Hotel by Mitsui & Taisei, Japan, with Architects, Kanko Kikaku Sekkeisha Yozo Shibata & Associates.
On successful civil prosecution by Ameresekere in SC Appeal Nos. 33 & 34/1992, the Japanese had written-off U.S. $207 million. He establishes in his book that the original architectural plans had been suppressed or destroyed by a staged fire, with amended architectural plans surreptitiously substituted having cannibalized sheets, with incongruous elevations, whereby such plans could not have been approved. In a Special Presidential Commission Inquiry No. 1/98. He meticulously probes into elevations depicted on floor sheets and cross-sectional sheets, which crucial aspect had been overlooked by professional architectural investigations. According to the book, he proves the shortfall of floors, with the elevations on tampered sheets bearing ‘tell tale’ evidence of being identical, with elevations in the cross-sectional sheets of the project plan, upon which Hilton International had formulated profitability forecasts, to obtain state guarantees from the government of Sri Lanka to finance the construction, which was a major fraud perpetrated on the people, rendering such guarantees null and void.
Shockingly revealed are perverse endeavours, including by Auditors, KPMG Ford, Rhodes, Thornton & Co., to cover-up this massive fraud, involving those of the upper echelons, with socio-political and international ramifications. Appallingly, on the advice of the Attorney General, criminal investigations had been questionably abandoned. Securities Exchange Commission had colluded to cover-up. The Institute of Chartered Accountants had endeavoured to whitewash miscreants. This is a revealingly absorbing book of real experiences of Amersekere, in exposing and combating a despicable fraud on poor people, which to him was a crime against humanity, and would be invaluable to investigators and prosecutors of commercial frauds and crimes, and civil society urging equal enforcement of the rule of law, notwithstanding the social standing or status of personalities involved.
CONTENTS of “Criminality Exposed, but Perversely Covered-up”
Chapter 1 - CIVIL PROSECUTION OF FRAUD
Chapter 2 - HILTON INTERNATIONAL & JAPANESE ARCHITECTS
Chapter 3 - ATTEMPTS TO COVER-UP FRAUD
Chapter 4 - ATTEMPT TO ADOPT ACCOUNTS TO COVER-UP FRAUD
Chapter 5 - SPECIAL PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION INQUIRY
Chapter 6 - INVESTIGATIONS BY CHARTERED ARCHITECTS
Chapter 7 - IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE OF CRIMINALITY DISCLOSED
Chapter 8 - CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION – A DAMP SQUIB !
Chapter 9 - SECURITIES EXCHANGE COMMISSION & STOCK EXCHANGE COLLUDE TO COVER-UP
Chapter 10 - WHITEWASHING BY CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS’ INSTITUTE
Books published by Ameresekere, to date:
1. “UN Convention Against Corruption – To Combat Fraud & Corruption – a Cancerous Menace, with mere Rhetoric, subverts UN Convention”
2. “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Sri Lanka's First Derivative Action in Law” reported in the Commonwealth (Commercial) Law Reports (1992 CLR @ Page 637 / SC Appeal Nos. 33 & 34 / 1992)
3. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Sri Lanka Insurance Privatisation, handled by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young - Annulled as Unlawful & Illegal by Supreme Court” - of Sri Lanka in SC (FR) Application No. 158/2007
4. “Derivative / Hedging Deals by Citibank, USA, Standard Chartered Bank, UK, Deutsche Bank, Germany, with Sri Lanka Government's Petroleum Corporation - Dubious & Illegal ?” - re Supreme Court of Sri Lanka in SC (FR) Applications Nos. 535 & 536 / 2008 and Nos. 404 & 481/2009
5. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Colombo Port Bunkering Privatisation - Annulled as Illegal & Fraudulent by Supreme Court” of Sri Lanka in SC (FR) Application No. 209/2007
6. “Transparency & Public Accountability - Fiscal Mismanagement & Lack of Public Accountability - Case Study - Sri Lanka, a Country under the Purview of IMF, World Bank, ADB” – The Supreme Court of Sri Lanka in SC Reference No. 1/2004 & SC (SD) Application No. 3/2008
7. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Pillage of the Plantations in Sri Lanka”
8. “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Criminality Exposed, but Perversely Covered-up” – Special Presidential Commission Inquiry 1/98
9. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation – ‘Dubious Deals’ in Sri Lanka – What a Paradox !”
SOURCE: Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.
Books are available from publishers, AuthorHouse US & UK http://www.authorhouse.com, http://www.authorhouse.co.uk, and internationally from leading e-retailers. For more information visit: http://www.consultants21.com/publications
AuthorHouse, an Author Solutions, Inc. self-publishing imprint, is a leading provider of book publishing, marketing, and bookselling services for authors around the globe and offers the industry’s only suite of Hollywood book-to-film services. Committed to providing the highest level of customer service, AuthorHouse assigns each author personal publishing and marketing consultants who provide guidance throughout the process. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, AuthorHouse will celebrate 15 years of service to authors in Sept. 2011.For more information or to publish a book visit authorhouse.com or call 1-888-519-5121. For the latest, follow @authorhouse on Twitter.
**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
EDITORS: For review copies or interview requests, contact:
(When requesting a review copy, please provide a street address.)