“I’m not always in front of my computer, especially on game days,” adds Oren Kantor, OHK Labs CEO. “SportsPicker Mobile will vastly increase my accuracy, making it easier to crush my friends.”
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) December 15, 2011
OHK Labs announces the release of SportsPicker Mobile today, an iPhone app that adds the full functionality of the Facebook version to users of Apple’s iPhone. Players can now make picks from virtually anywhere, making gameplay more convenient and increasing the level of competition.
A significantly different concept from fantasy sports and online sports betting, SportsPicker takes the best of both—including social competition and odds-based selections—to create an entirely new and exciting way to enjoy sports. Users simply make their picks for each game, then check their standings against their Facebook friends who are also playing. Points are rewarded on a seven-point scale, with the underdog valued at up to six points and the favorite as low as one point. This enables a weighted odds system which rewards underdog picks. Additionally, SportsPicker is free (ad-supported), so there is no barrier to entry for players and their friends.
SportsPicker Mobile boasts a simple one-tap interface for making picks. All upcoming games for an individual sport are listed on one screen, making it easy to quickly scroll through and make picks.
"SportsPicker has been a great success for us," said Oren Kantor, OHK Labs CEO. "The mobile app really expands the playability of SportPicker, and we hope it allows more people to play competitively."
SportsPicker and SportsPicker Mobile can be found at http://www.sportspickerapp.com/mobile. There is no charge to play, and anyone with a Facebook account can get started immediately.
Key features of SportsPicker include:
- Innovative points-based system rewards players for picking underdogs over favorites
- Support for nearly all popular professional and collegiate sports, including NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball
- Built on the Facebook platform, SportsPicker keeps track of a player's point totals and automatically builds a leader board to compare friends' point totals
- A simple one-click method for choosing a winner of each individual game. Players can select picks for every available game in a matter of seconds
- Free, ad-based revenue model means that users can play at no charge, increasing the size of a player's competition pool
- SportsPicker's safe, non-wagering system, provides a risk-free method of picking the winners of sporting events
- SportsPicker allows people to pick teams to win, an important distinction from traditional fantasy games, which center around individual players
- Push notifications remind the player when games are about to start, making it easier to remember to make picks
“I’m not always in front of my computer, especially on game days,” adds Kantor. “SportsPicker Mobile will vastly increase my accuracy, making it easier to crush my friends.”
For more information about SportsPicker visit http://www.sportspickerapp.com and download the press kit from http://www.sportspickerapp.com/SportsPicker_Press_Kit.zip
About OHK Labs:
OHK Labs is a Florida-based developer of mobile gaming applications, founded by Oren Kantor in 2011. SportsPicker, its first game, is available on the Facebook and iPhone platforms, with Android support coming soon.
# # #