(PRWEB UK) 17 December 2011
The Institute of Risk Management (IRM), the world’s leading enterprise-wide risk education institute, is holding its two-day Fundamentals of Risk Management (FoRM) course at The Rose Bowl, Leeds, on 23-24 January. Offering a comprehensive introduction to risk management, the internationally-offered course has continuously sold out since its introduction 12 months ago.
At a time when high-profile organisations have repeatedly fallen victim to risks that were either unexpected or inadequately mitigated, IRM is bringing its sell-out course on the basic principles of effective risk management to the north of England.
Companies with the processes and tools to see risks and quickly act on them hold the key to a sustainable business (according to a recent report by Aberdeen Group). However, in an increasingly uncertain and volatile climate, how can businesses best position themselves to react to and potentially benefit from risks – in whatever form they might appear?
“We passionately believe that investment in education and continual professional development leads to better risk management and heightens an organisation’s chances of survival in an uncertain world,” explains Steve Fowler, IRM’s, Chief Executive. “Managing risk is not just about avoiding pitfalls, but is also about positioning the organisation to take maximum advantage of business opportunities. Our course provides a practical introduction to the tools and techniques of risk management for any sort of organisation.”
Designed to act as both an introduction for those new to risk management and as an update for the more experienced risk professional, previous attendees have said FoRM helped them ‘discover tools and techniques’ and acted as ‘a very good refresher’.
In addition to Leeds, the course is also available in Manchester and London, as well as a number of international locations, including Dubai.
To book your place on the course at The Rose Bowl, Leeds, on 23-24 January, email: tina.asgari(at)theirm(dot)org
Notes to editors:
- IRM is the world’s leading enterprise-wide risk education institute. It is an independent, well-respected advocate of the risk profession, owned by practising risk professionals.
- IRM passionately believes in the importance of risk management and that investment in education and continual professional development leads to more effective risk management. It provides qualifications, short courses and events at a range of levels from introductory to expert.
- IRM supports risk professionals by providing the skills and tools needed to put theory into practice in order to deal with the demands of a constantly changing, sophisticated and challenging business environment. It operates internationally, with members and students in more than 90 countries, drawn from a variety of risk-related disciplines and a wide range of industries.
- IRM qualified member grades (MIRM, CIRM and SIRM) are recognised worldwide as the sign of a qualified risk management professional and are achieved through examination and recognition of relevant prior learning. Fellowship (FIRM) follows through accredited practical experience.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, IRM reinvests any surplus from its activities in the development of international qualifications, membership, short courses and events.
- ABOUT FoRM: Taught over two days, FoRM provides a comprehensive introduction to practical enterprise risk management (ERM) and ISO 31000, the global risk management standard. FoRM is available worldwide from IRM and is equally relevant to delegates from business, public organisations or charities.
For more information on this media release, please contact Angela Ward on: 01825 765617 or by email: angela(at)themarketingeye(dot)com