Portland, Oregon (PRWEB) December 19, 2011
E-commerce has been steadily growing since the Internet first started reaching the homes of Americans in the late 1990s, early 2000s. Now, the World Wide Web is a staple that most families depend on to pay their bills, purchase necessary products, and conduct work or school-related tasks. Entrepreneurs around the world have been capitalizing on the Internet as a business platform, and Liam Toorner, an entrepreneur himself, has recently released his own list of best practices for e-commerce professionals.
"Conducting business on the Internet is a great thing," commented Toorner. "The overhead is negligible, the flexibility is fantastic, and there really is no end to the potential that an online business holds if it is conducted properly. However, in order to keep their businesses successful, Internet entrepreneurs have to know what they are doing. They have to create great websites and then market them constantly."
In addition to running his own online enterprise, Toorner has acted as a consultant to help other entrepreneurs build their online businesses.
Toorner's tips revolve around the tasks of creating and marketing e-commerce organizations.
1. Keep it professional. When designing a website, stay away from hard to read fonts or too many graphics—especially if they make the site look amateur.
2. Create web content that is targeted and quickly reveals what the business has to offer. No consumer wants to dig through paragraph after paragraph of text. Be concise and to the point while providing enough information to ensure that customers know what the business offers.
3. Start marketing from day one. Use every opportunity possible to promote the brand.
4. Diversify the marketing strategy. Use social media marketing, blogging, and other tools to reach as many consumers as possible.
5. Make sure that the brand image remains consistent. Use the same tone, logo, and verbiage for all marketing materials to ensure that the brand is easily recognizable.
Toorner notes that these tips have helped many of his clients through the early stages of their e-commerce endeavors. As a business grows, so should the marketing efforts that are employed.
Liam Toorner is an Internet entrepreneur from Portland, Oregon, who also acts as a consultant to assist in the creation of new online businesses.