With South Carolina insurance, local residents do not have to worry about being faced with the costs of repairing damage from an accident, but that doesn’t mean that they should neglect proper safety precautions.
Charlotte, North Carolina (PRWEB) December 18, 2011
The team at Charlotte Insurance knows that many people have been planning their New Year’s celebrations for many weeks and as the date approaches, the South Carolina insurance experts are sure that countless party hosts will head out to purchase fireworks for the big night. For many people, fireworks are a staple for ringing in the new year, but these festive devices can become a hazard when they are not used properly. As experts in insurance, the team at Charlotte Insurance knows all too well that fireworks can lead to everything from home insurance claims to liability issues.
This year, the professionals at Charlotte Insurance want to offer several tips on firework safety so that all local residents can have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve:
- Only use fireworks outdoors.
- Obey local laws regarding firework usage and restrictions.
- Always have water on hand, whether it’s in a bucket or hose.
- Have spectators keep a safe distance from the location at which the fireworks are being set off. Also, the individuals who are lighting the devices should wear safety glasses.
- Do not allow children under the age of 12 handle fireworks.
- Do not use homemade or illegal fireworks. Any use of these devices should be reported to the police or fire department.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water to ensure that it will not go off unexpectedly.
With South Carolina insurance, local residents do not have to worry about being faced with the costs of repairing damage from an accident, but that doesn’t mean that they should neglect proper safety precautions. The team at Charlotte Insurance wants to help everyone start the new year off right with proper insurance coverage and encourages individuals and business owners who have questions about their policy options to contact the agency.
About Charlotte Insurance:
With four convenient locations across the state of North Carolina, Charlotte Insurance has evolved into an all-inclusive, client-focused North Carolina insurance agency—committed to offering superior North Carolina and South Carolina insurance strategies for residents all across the region; whether you are South Charlotte, East Charlotte, Pineville, the University area, Uptown or beyond! Since 1992, the team here at Charlotte Insurance has been dedicated to changing the insurance industry for the better. A keen attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality service has enabled the agency to build strong, close-knit relationships with its customers and overall community—relationships that thrive off of mutual understanding between agent and customer.