Cabin John, MD (PRWEB) December 21, 2011
Interior designer Shannon Kadwell, CKD, CBD, Allied Member ASID, of Anthony Wilder Design/Build, Inc. is always looking for ways to save time without compromising the quality of her work.
Here are a few of Kadwell’s favorite time saving tips to keep you stress-free and smiling this holiday season:
- Freeze your candles the night before a dinner party for longer burn time so you can enjoy them longer.
- Select two or three colors for your holiday palette. Multiple palettes in your home can be distracting for guests…especially when there are holiday decorations to be admired.
- Have a gift-giving strategy to avoid overspending. Make a list of the people you are buying for and pre-determine the cost of each.
- Wrap holiday gifts as you go. Purchase, wrap, and check that person off your list to avoid any wrapping all-nighters.
- Start your holiday cards early and break the process down into steps. Do five a day and you’ll be done before you know it.
- Take short-cuts. If cooking is not your forte or if you are strapped for time, take a short cut by picking up some of the side dishes and desserts from a local restaurant or bakery.
- Buy a few extra hostess gifts for those unexpected parties. Wrap them in solid colored paper and ribbon to give throughout the New Year.
- Give yourself a gift. If the holidays stress gets overwhelming, treat yourself to a spa day or do something relaxing just for you.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to take a break from all the work so you can enjoy the holidays with the people closest to you.
Anthony Wilder Design/Build, Inc. (AWDB) is a boutique architectural design/build firm located in historic Cabin John, Maryland. The 32 person firm, led by founders Elizabeth and Anthony Wilder, services the DC Metropolitan area and specialize in architecture, interior design, construction and landscaping.
To request a press interview with Shannon Kadwell or one of our certified architects, please send an email to info(at)anthonywilder(dot)com.