London, UK (PRWEB) December 21, 2011
Christmas is almost here again, bringing with it all the usual parties, presents, food and drink. But according to data supplied by John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance, the number of home insurance claims increases during the festive period.
From smashed TVs to stressed-out pets, it’s worth considering that the excesses of Christmas can play havoc with more than just your waistline.
Some of the most common claims at Christmas include:
- Party damage to carpets, furniture and soft furnishings due to wine spillages.
- Enthusiastic game-playing causing damage to TVs. For example a Wii remote control going straight through the TV.
- House fires and damage to furniture caused by house fires.
- Chimney fires can be caused when the chimney hasn’t been swept or used frequently.
- Theft of Christmas presents from unattended homes or due to intercepted postal deliveries.
- Pet fouling, scratching and damage due to unusual food consumption and being locked up and over-excited.
- Water damage to unoccupied homes because of extreme weather conditions e.g. burst pipes.
John Lewis offers Home Insurance with flexible options to help meet your individual needs, while offering a high level of cover as standard.
John Lewis Classic Home Insurance includes unlimited cover* for your contents so that all your carefully chosen Christmas gifts are covered. Cover is also automatically provided for gifts and provisions for 30 days before and 30 days after Christmas.
If you have more specific requirements, like a thatched roof or more than five bedrooms, our expert underwriters can create a bespoke Specialist Home Insurance policy for you.
Find out more about John Lewis Insurance.
Data: Sterling Insurance Company Limited.
- John Lewis Classic Home Insurance has no total sum insured but money, single article and total valuables limits apply.