PLEASANTON, California (PRWEB) December 21, 2011
Percona, Inc., the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, announced an impressive initial roster of breakout session speakers and sponsors for its Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo taking place at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hyatt and Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California, April 10-12, 2012. Formerly the MySQL Conference & Expo hosted by O’Reilly and Associates, this “must attend” three-day event provides a great opportunity for MySQL users, developers and vendors to exchange knowledge and information about MySQL and attend breakout sessions, keynotes, and tutorials presented by some of the most respected MySQL practitioners in the industry.
Breakout sessions on April 11 and 12 will provide attendees with an opportunity to dive deep into a variety of specific topics. With multiple tracks spanning the MySQL ecosystem—including architecture, technology, business case studies, high availability, data warehousing, and business intelligence—the conference will include the following breakout session speakers and topics, with many more to come:
- Daniel Austin, Principal Architect, PayPal, Inc. Topic: “Global In-memory Data System for MySQL”
- Domas Mituzas, Database Engineer and Harrison Fisk, MySQL Performance Engineer, Facebook. Topic: “MySQL Analysis at Scale”
- Jeff Malek, Co-founder and CTO, BigDoor. Topic: “Building a High-Volume Reporting System on Amazon using MySQL, Tungsten, and Vertica”
- Singer Wang, Senior Database and System Administrator, The Pythian Group. Topic: “Security Around MySQL”
- Yoshinori Matsunobu, MySQL Geek, Oracle ACE Director, DeNA. Topic: “Performance Practices for Minimizing Replication Delay”
MySQL vendors are rapidly committing to sponsor the event since the opening of sponsorship sales on December 14. Sponsorship opportunities for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2012 are still available. Sponsors will be a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem, and interact with more than 1,000 developers, business managers, technology evangelists, database administrators, and entrepreneurs in the heart of Silicon Valley. Some of the sponsors already committed to the event include:
- Diamond: Clustrix
- Platinum: Continuent, Schooner, New Relic, and Virident
- Gold: Fusion-io
- Silver: ScaleBase and Joyent
- Exhibits-Only: Zmanda and ScalArc
What: Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2012
Where: The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
When: April 10-12, 2012
About Percona, Inc.
Percona Inc. has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit http://www.percona.com.