With Illinois home insurance, local residents do not have to worry about being faced with the costs of repairing damage from an accident, but that doesn’t mean that they should neglect proper safety precautions.
Lombard, Illinois (PRWEB) December 23, 2011
The team at Equity Insurance Agency, Inc. knows that many people have been planning their New Year’s celebrations for many weeks and as the date approaches, the Illinois home insurance experts are sure that countless party hosts will head out to purchase fireworks for the big night. For many people, fireworks are a staple for ringing in the new year, but these festive devices can become a hazard when they are not used properly. As experts in insurance, the team at Equity Insurance knows all too well that fireworks can lead to everything from home insurance claims to liability issues.
This year, the professionals at Equity Insurance want to offer several tips on firework safety so that all local residents can have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve:
- Only use fireworks outdoors.
- Obey local laws regarding firework usage and restrictions.
- Always have water on hand, whether it’s in a bucket or hose.
- Have spectators keep a safe distance from the location at which the fireworks are being set off. Also, the individuals who are lighting the devices should wear safety glasses.
- Do not allow children under the age of 12 handle fireworks.
- Do not use homemade or illegal fireworks. Any use of these devices should be reported to the police or fire department.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water to ensure that it will not go off unexpectedly.
With Illinois home insurance, local residents do not have to worry about being faced with the costs of repairing damage from an accident, but that doesn’t mean that they should neglect proper safety precautions. The team at Equity Insurance wants to help everyone start the new year off right with proper insurance coverage and encourages individuals and business owners who have questions about their policy options to contact the agency.
About Equity Insurance Agency, Inc.:
Since its founding in 1988, Equity Insurance Agency, Inc. has evolved in to a full-service insurance provider, serving both families and businesses throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Missouri. As the needs of its clients have continued to grow, so has the agency. Equity Insurance Agency, Inc. is dedicated to finding comprehensive and affordable insurance solutions for its customers across all six states.