As experts in NJ homeowners insurance, the agents at Marchetti & Sabatelli want to ensure that local residents stay safe and are able to put their hard-earned money toward their holiday gifts instead of toward their home heating bills.
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey (PRWEB) December 23, 2011
The team at Marchetti & Sabatelli Associates, Inc. knows that with home heating costs so high, many local residents may be looking for ways to cut their expenses. As experts in NJ homeowners insurance, the staff at Marchetti & Sabatelli often encounters homeowners who have had to file claims on their home insurance policies due to accidents that occurred when they were trying to heat their home. In order to help local residents stay warm safely and affordably this winter, the experts at Marchetti & Sabatelli Associates would like to offer the following home heating tips:
- When using the home furnace, lower the thermostat 3-5 degrees – unless it would have a negative impact on the residents’ health – and turn it off when not home. This can help save up to 30 percent on heating costs.
- Homeowners should check furnace filters every month during the heating season and clean or replace the filter when necessary in order to reduce the risk of overheating or igniting a fire.
- With NJ homeowners insurance, local residents do not have to worry about the financial implications of a home heating disaster, but they should still take steps to avoid such situations by refraining from blocking heating outlets with furniture or other objects.
- Avoid using space heaters. If these must be utilized, ensure that there is a 3-foot clearance around the devices so that they do not ignite drapes or other fabrics.
- Open the drapes or blinds during the day and let the sun help warm the home. Close drapes or blinds at night to keep the warmth inside.
As experts in NJ homeowners insurance, the agents at Marchetti & Sabatelli want to ensure that local residents stay safe and are able to put their hard-earned money toward their holiday gifts instead of toward their home heating bills. Of course, taking steps to avoid a heating-related accident could also save people money in the sense that they will not have to pay those insurance deductibles!
About Marchetti & Sabatelli Associates, Inc.:
Marchetti & Sabatelli Associates was formed in September 2000 by joining two established insurance agencies run by owners who collectively have more than 75 years of insurance experience. The agency was founded on a mutual philosophy of personal, professional service. As a full-service insurance agency, Marchetti & Sabatelli’s staff of insurance specialists service over 4,000 clients. The agency utilizes a state-of-the-art computerized rating and management system to offer a comparison of rates and coverages from several companies and enable its staff to instantly create the insurance documents clients need.