Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) December 23, 2011
Due to popular demand, The Winter 2012 Common Core State Standards and Transformational Leadership Symposium, hosted by the leader in school transformation, Evans Newton Incorporated (ENI), will be held at the Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains in Scottsdale, Arizona, from February 8–10, 2012. Last Fall dozens of districts from across the country came together to obtain the latest information on transitioning to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
To expand on that event, the upcoming conference features interactive sessions, thought-leader panel discussions, and research findings to aid administrators in developing the transformational leadership required to support the transition to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) by the 2014 deadline.
Participants will get a chance to get their “hands dirty” with the Common Core by exploring a CCSS lesson and identifying in the lesson the key elements that reflect the content and intent of the CCSS. Participants will leave with concrete ideas for implementing systemic change and transformational-leadership-development strategies that develop leaders throughout the school culture and increase student learning while transitioning to the CCSS.
Nationally recognized thought leaders such as keynote Dr. Mike Schmoker; ENI experts like Cheryl Tibbals, Senior Advisor of Product Development and Implementation; as well as education practitioners will present on the following topics:
- The ENI Way: ENI will present an overview of its transformational and turnaround process designed to build leadership capacity and improve student achievement.
- Leading the Transition to CCSS: Participants will engage in interactive group activities that will develop a deeper understanding of the kind of leadership that will be required to support teachers and students in the CCSS transition.
- The Process of Transitioning to the CCSS: Putnam County School District will share the opportunities and challenges of transitioning to CCSS, beginning with revisions of the pacing guide.
- How Leadership Drives School Transformation: Clifton Elementary School Administrators will describe how low-performing districts achieved significant gains on their state test results and how leadership strategies can move underperforming schools to achieving AYP.
- Leading Transformation: A panel discus solutions and challenges that successful schools have had throughout the transformation process, which will be moderated by Dr. Paul Houston, Executive Director Emeritus of AASA. Panel participants include all of the CCSS Transformational leadership Event Speakers.
About Evans Newton Incorporated
Since 1973, the professionals at ENI have worked with schools to improve student achievement, using innovative, customized programs tailored to state objectives and standardized tests. ENI’s TargetTeach® process has been used by schools and districts across the country to create dramatic improvement in student performance while empowering teachers and school leaders by establishing a research-based foundation for sustainable change. The company is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. Learn more at:evansnewton.com/turnaround.