“We are honored to receive this award, as we believe instilling a culture of environmental respect and sustainability is an important part of living and working in The Ozarks,” explains Howard Kitchen, General Manager of Wilderness Club at Big Cedar.
Boca Raton, Fl (PRWEB) December 29, 2011
Bluegreen Vacations, a leading provider of Colorful Places to Play, today announced its Missouri resort, Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar was presented the City of Branson’s 2011 Green Initiative award for its eco-friendly practices. Bluegreen Corporation is honored and proud to receive the award.
While Bluegreen Wilderness Club is decidedly focused on rustic luxury, with 18 Concierge and Presidential villas, slate and hardwood floors, flat-screen TVs, exquisite fireplaces, stainless steel appliances and soft, comfortable and inviting furniture and bedding; it is also diligent about remaining energy conscious and eco-friendly. While we continue to evolve our practices to become as energy efficient and eco-friendly as possible, we have already accomplished many great things.
At Bluegreen Wilderness Club, we are diligent about the following:
- Landscaping practices to reduce use of water and fertilizer to guard against runoff into Table Rock Lake, and to recycle organic materials into the soil by composting and mulching
- The living ‘green’ roof at Indian Creek Swimming pool Pump House and the emphasis on sustainability throughout the newly constructed Indian Creek Lodge
- Recognition by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources Certified Green Lodging Program
- Participating Property, “Clean the World” Program to recycle soap products for distribution to needy, third-world countries to provide sanitizing cleansers to combat infection transmission and to reduce the impact of these cleaning products on our landfills and groundwater
- Encouragement to all guests to participate in our resort-wide commitment to recycling by providing convenient containers for collecting recyclable materials
- The resort’s recycling programs divert and transport an estimated 128.5 tons of recylcable material that would otherwise be sent to a landfill
- Use of energy efficient and solar lighting fixtures where practicable
- Use of water/energy conserving fixtures where practicable
These aspects of our green culture were recognized by the City of Branson during the 2011 Green Initiative award ceremony.
“We are honored to receive this award, as we believe instilling a culture of environmental respect and sustainability is an important part of living and working in The Ozarks,” explains Howard Kitchen, General Manager of Wilderness Club at Big Cedar. “As a Bluegreen Corporation resort, we are proud to represent the timeshare industry with a positive, environmentally friendly award.”
ABOUT BLUEGREEN CORPORATION
Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE:BXG) is a leading timeshare sales, marketing and resort management company. Bluegreen Resorts manages, markets and sells the Bluegreen Vacation Club, a flexible, points-based, deeded vacation ownership plan with more than 160,000 owners, over 59 owned or managed resorts, and access to more than 4,000 resorts worldwide. Bluegreen also offers a portfolio of comprehensive, turnkey, fee-based service resort management, financial services, and sales and marketing on behalf of third parties. For more information, visit http://www.bluegreenonline.com. See what Bluegreen owners are saying on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.