VALHALLA, NY (PRWEB) December 23, 2011
For shoppers mourning the close of another holiday season, don’t despair, for the after Christmas sales season kicks off December 26. SaleLocator (http://salelocator.com), a shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, is offering shoppers the following tips for making the most of the post-holiday sales.
1. Shop Early for Best Selection: Many retailers, malls and outlet stores will open at 7 a.m. to help shoppers with returns, gift cards and an appetite for deals, so get there first for the best selections.
2. Seasonal and Winter Items Most Discounted: It is no surprise that holiday items will have the deepest discounts after Christmas, but retailers also need to clear out clothing and winter items to make room for their spring stock. It is a great time to stock up on seasonal decorations and gifts for next year.
3. Set Up Sale Alerts Now for Notifications: For your favorite stores, set up a SaleLocator Sales Alert (available on the SaleLocator homepage) so you can be notified of any new, relevant sales in the post-holiday sales blitz. It can save precious search time and focus your shopping efforts on your most desired retail locations.
4. Less Crowds this Year: While Christmas falling on a Sunday isn’t great for retailers as they missed out on a shopping weekend, it means After Christmas sales are on a Monday. More people at work on Dec. 26 will translate into smaller retail crowds.
5. Check the Return Policy First: Many retailers offer more flexible return policies after Christmas, but it still important to do your due diligence. With long post-holiday return lines it is best to know the policy before you shop.
Shoppers can use SaleLocator to search the best, local in-store sales. A SaleLocator Christmas tab, which includes sales extended after Dec. 25, provides bargains nearby, or shoppers can search for sales based on keyword or category including Clothing and Apparel, Consumer Electronics, Jewelry & Watches, Toys & Games and more.
SaleLocator can be accessed online or via iPhone and Android mobile apps and offers 275,000 local in-store retail sales for nearly 1,000 retailers, drugstores and grocers in cities nationwide.
A nationwide shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, SaleLocator offers the largest collection of in-store sale information to help local bargain hunters find the best ongoing sales near them. Founded in 2010, SaleLocator is providing local shoppers an average of 275,000 sales per day. For more information visit salelocator.com.