Alpharetta, GA (PRWEB) December 27, 2011
Imedex, LLC Presents: ESMO 14th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer occurring on 27-30 June 2012 in Barcelona, Spain. The Scientific Organizing Committee would like to invite all participants to submit their gastrointestinal cancer abstracts for this gastrointestinal oncology continuing medical education event. All approved abstracts will be published in a supplement of the Annals of Oncology and scheduled for oral or poster presentation.
Gastrointestinal cancer abstracts will be accepted in the following categories:
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
Guidelines for the abstract submission are as follows:
- Abstracts must be written in English;
- The submitted work must not, nor will have been published in any journal, or on any web site before 27 June 2012, nor presented at any national or international scientific conference prior to 27 June 2012;
- Accepted format: Word document format, 9 point Arial font, 500 word count limit;
- Use a concise title;
- List affiliations of author(s) as briefly as possible, with city, province and country;
- Use standard and well-accepted abbreviations;
- When using references, use standard and well-accepted formats;
- Abstract content should be single-spaced and typed in lower case;
- Abstracts shall be of original research and contain a concise statement of study aim;
- Please include and indicate in bold the following four (4) parts of your abstract: Background, Method, Results, and Conclusion(s);
- Conclusions must be supported by your results and summarized within your abstract at the time of submission. Results “to be completed” and/or conclusions “to be discussed” are not acceptable.
Please note that a limited number of travel awards are available for investigators from developing nations. Awards are available to investigators from the countries indicated in the 2011 World Bank List of Economies as Low-Income or Lower Middle Income Economies. The complete list can be found at web.worldbank.org.
These awards will consist of Congress registration and a grant in the amount of €1500 to cover airfare and hotel, given to the recipient at the Congress. Airfare can be purchased by Imedex and deducted from this amount, if needed. If you have questions about this information, please contact Imedex.
You can apply for Developing Nations Travel Awards by completing the following requirements:
- The candidate must submit an abstract to the ESMO 14th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer in the usual manner, indicating that the abstract is to be considered for the Developing Nations Award
- The candidate must be the first author of the submitted abstract
- The work must not have been presented or published before the date of the ESMO 14th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Abstracts must be submitted on schedule
- Candidates should submit:
- An extended abstract
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A 1-3 page description of their interests and current research in gastrointestinal cancer signed and approved by their department chair
The Educational Committee will select the award winners on the basis of the scientific content of the abstract. Winners will be notified in April 2012.
Important Abstract Dates:
Abstract Submission Deadline - 12 March, 2012
Abstract Notifications Mailed - 16 April, 2012
Abstract Presenter Registration Deadline - 3 May, 2012
Presentation Deadlines - 27-30 June, 2012
The ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer is the world’s leading forum for practicing clinicians and specialists in cancer research to participate in the allocation of the newest information and review state of the art information on the management of gastrointestinal cancer. Over 60 expert specialists will lead sessions and meet with participants in small targeted groups to address their educational needs.
Among the specialists will be Nadir Arber, MD, MSc, MHA, Andrés Cervantes, MD, PhD, Fortunato Ciardiello, MD, PhD, Mario Dicato, MD, Bengt Glimelius, MD, PhD, Richard M. Goldberg, MD, Axel Grothey, MD, Karin Haustermans, MD, PhD, Yoon-Koo Kang, MD, PhD, David J. Kerr, MD, FRCP, Roberto Labianca, MD, John L. Marshall, MD, Bernard Nordlinger, MD, Arnaud D. Roth, MD, Philippe Rougier, MD, PhD, Wolff Schmiegel, MD,PhD, Josep Tabernero, MD, PhD, Eric Van Cutsem, MD, PhD, Cornelius J.H. van de Velde, MD, PhD and John R. Zalcberg, MD, PhD.
The World Congress will focus on personalized therapy, multidisciplinary management and unraveling molecular mechanisms, and will educate and update a broad range of experts. This target audience will include practicing clinicians, gastroenterologists, hepatologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and clinical researchers. Cutting-edge research will be a key feature in this continuing medical education conference giving researchers worldwide the ability to interact with colleagues and share their educational endeavors. Participants are invited to submit their abstracts to be considered for presentation.
This live gastroenterology CME webinar will be held on 27-30 June 2012.
For more information and to submit your abstract for the ESMO 14th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer on 27-30 June 2012 please contact us:
Submit your abstract online
Register for the event online at http://www.worldgicancer.com
E-mail us at registration(at)imedex(dot)com
Call us at 1-512-583-8385
For event updates, and more information on this exciting oncology-cme event and to connect with us! Find us on:
About Imedex, LLC
Imedex® is an industry leader in providing accredited, independent continuing medical education to health care professionals. We develop high quality, scientific programming that translates the latest research into clinically relevant information. The activities have exceptional organization and outstanding educational value, with a proven sustained impact on disease management.
Our programs focus on improving patient care around the world. With over 50,000 e-learning experiences annually and more than 97,000 live meeting attendees since 2001, Imedex truly educates the global healthcare community. At Imedex, we believe that education is the best medicine.®
Release issued by Audience Generation, LLC
Audience Generation is a forward thinking agency at the forefront of the digital revolution and is a nationally and internationally recognized provider of integrated marketing, advertising, and technology services and solutions that offer a new way to find, generate, and engage live, online, social and mobile audiences where they exist on demand.
Audience Generation is known for its creative strategy, actionable solutions and measurable approach to transforming the ways brands interact with their target audience where they exist in person, online, via social networks or on their mobile devices.
Audience Generation has produced winning traditional, online, e-commerce, social and mobile campaigns including mobile application solutions for Fortune 500, small and medium businesses, not-for-profit organizations, national and international associations and societies, and venture backed start-up companies across a variety of industry verticals around the World.
To learn how Audience Generation can find your ideal customer, reach them where they exist, build your brand and grow your bottom line please call us at 512-708-4678 or email us at growyourbusiness(at)audiencegeneration(dot)com or visit us at: http://www.audiencegeneration.com.
# # #