Oakland, CA (PRWEB) December 28, 2011
Beginning December 29th at midnight PT/3am ET, Lonely Planet is the prize sponsor of a 24-hour sweepstakes hosted by Bing that will give away the grand prize of a trip of a lifetime. This around-the-world trip will be custom created by the winner, with help from Lonely Planet staff and authors, in order to build a dream trip of their own.
All day on December 29th, visitors to Bing’s Magical Holiday Calendar (http://www.bing.com/holiday) can enter to win the trip of a lifetime from Bing and Lonely Planet. The Grand Prize winner will win a 14 consecutive night/15 consecutive day trip for him/her and one guest to up to four travel destinations around the world, up to a value of $30,000.
The Lonely Planet team will work with the Grand Prize winner to devise a custom itinerary, based on his/her interests. To help give participants an idea of what the winner’s dream journey could look like, Lonely Planet’s U.S. Travel Editor Robert Reid created five dream itineraries based on the following interests: music, movies, food, art and the outdoors.
You can check out those itineraries here:
- MUSIC: Plug in the earphones, fire up the iPod and get ready for a round-the-world journey like no other. From good old rock’n'roll to the might of the Mersey Beat and naughty German cabaret, this globe-spanning trip will get toes tapping to a different tune.
- OUTDOORS: A dream trip in the great outdoors! Sounds fantastic but perhaps slightly intimidating, especially if one doesn't have three months to boot camp their way to optimum fitness before their vacation. Of course, not all outdoor experiences mean roughing it. Call it cushy, but here are five favorite ways to combine natural wonders without denying creature comforts.
- MOVIE: Travel, done right, feels like starring in a film. If one closes their eyes in Prague and strolls along medieval streets, it becomes a scene from a black-and-white thriller. To be put in the picture, all one needs to do is visit some of the world’s greatest movie sets. Here are five destinations that inspire calling ‘action!’
- ART: Want to do the Louvre, the Metropolitan, the Hermitage? Okay. One could trot the globe touring the world’s best museums, but for a real art attack head for the great outdoors. A fleeting glimpse of the Mona Lisa through the throng isn’t half as satisfying as, say, a stroll through the very streets that once inspired Dutch master Vincent van Gogh or an exotic taste of Gaugin’s Tahiti. How about a dream trip for art lovers that gets them out of the museum and turns them on to the places that first inspired those works of genius?
- FOOD: Ultimately a trip’s defined by the food. And where one eats it.There’s no end of sensory surprise in store if one travels the globe with an open mind and ready taste buds. From delicate appetizers to belly-busting feasts, why not let a world map be the menu? Here are five destinations where food and place combine in an unforgettable concoction.
Participants can enter to win a dream journey until 11:59pm PT December 29th by visiting http://www.Bing.com/holiday.