Washington, DC (Vocus/PRWEB) February 01, 2011
This Valentine’s Day lovers in metro DC don't have to struggle planning unique dates for their sweethearts thanks to DC Metro Chocolate Tours. Starting February 13, DC Metro Chocolate Tours launches a Sunday Georgetown tour edition just in time for Valentine's Day. The newest tour is an exclusive date idea for lovers to share the experience of chocolate together.
DC Metro Chocolate Tours of Georgetown is an exclusive two-hour interactive walking tour highlighting the rich history and culture of this charming and vibrant neighborhood. The tour will take guests from the expected to the one-of-a-kind while all along featuring fine chocolate. Highlights from the Georgetown tour include:
- Samples of chocolate-dipped bacon lollipops - sustainably farmed thick-cut farmhouse style bacon is first baked then dusted with cinnamon and sugar, and then dipped into 70% cocoa dark chocolate.
- Chocolate tea, chocolate sugar, and chocolate salt at a new Georgetown purveyor of savory spices and seasonings.
- Georgetown’s best chocolate crepe.
- A bakery-coffee-tea bar in Georgetown where the cases are stuffed with all things sweet and the coffee is as smooth as silk.
- Chocolate skincare products.
- One of the most famous international chocolatiers offering a sampling of its renowned seasonal truffles.
“Plenty of samples as you go, plus tips on tasting, buying, and storing fine chocolate,” says David Goldstein, founder and chief taster of DC Metro Chocolate Tours. “I am excited about the Georgetown tour because as a guest you will explore century old homes and gardens, and paths and waterways used to forge our nation’s history as you and your sweetheart learn about and enjoy chocolate.”
Like all DC Metro Chocolate Tours, guests will learn the history and life of chocolate, how luxury chocolates are created, and taste samples of different types and flavors of chocolate. Advance tickets are required as tour size in Georgetown is limited to 14. In addition to the Sunday afternoon Georgetown tours, tours are offered in the Dupont and U-Street neighborhoods every Saturday all year long. Purchase the perfect Valentine’s Day gift or get more information at http://www.dcmetrochocolatetours.com.
ABOUT DC METRO CHOCOALTE TOURS
DC Metro Chocolate Tours brings the culinary experience of chocolate to life in Washington, DC. Two hour walking tours in Dupont Circle, U Street Corridor, and Georgetown take guests on a multiple-destination learning and tasting adventure. Originally founded in Boston in 2009, DC Metro Chocolate Tours launched in 2010 by David Goldstein, serial entrepreneur and chief taster. For more information or to book tickets, visit http://www.dcmetrochocolatetours.com. Follow on Twitter @DCChocolateTour and Fan Facebook.com/DCChocolateTours.