Our mission is to demystify cycling and make it easy for anyone to get involved. We want to make Performance Bicycle the place where every type of cyclist can shop and find exactly what they need.
Chapel Hill, NC (Vocus/PRWEB) February 07, 2011
Performance Bicycle® (http://www.performancebike.com), the nation’s largest specialty bike retailer, today announced that this April it will open six new retail stores in four states nationwide, including major markets in Sacramento and Berkeley, Calif., Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, and their first ever expansion into Idaho, with a new store set for Boise.
These six locations join 94 Performance Bicycle® stores nationwide. Every Performance store is designed as a friendly, one-stop resource where avid and beginning riders alike can easily find the bikes, equipment and gear they are looking for. Every Performance store stocks a full assortment of road bikes, mountain bikes, path & pavement bikes, women’s bikes and kid’s bikes. Full-time, professionally certified Spin Doctors are always present to answer questions and to offer guidance, from choosing the right bicycle to how to train.
The Grand Openings are all set to occur simultaneously on April 8, to coincide with the spring cycling season. Their individual locations are:
- Roseville, CA (Sacramento) – 1901 Douglas Blvd, Roseville, CA 95661
- Berkeley, CA (San Francisco) – 1824 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94703
- Marietta, GA (Atlanta) – 50 Ernest Barrett Pkwy, Suite 1045 Marietta, GA 30066
- Boise, ID – 8587 Franklin Road, Franklin Towne Plaza, Boise, ID 83709
- Austin, TX – 4040 South Lamar Blvd, Brodie Oaks Shopping Center, Austin, TX 78704
- Southlake, TX (Dallas/Fort Worth) – 2915 East State Highway, Gateway Plaza, Southlake, TX 76092
“Our mission is to demystify cycling and make it easy for anyone to get involved,” said Jim Thompson, chief executive officer of Performance, Inc. “For every hard-core racer and mountain biker, there’s a daily commuter and beginner just waiting to get going. We want to make Performance Bicycle the place where every type of cyclist can shop and find exactly what they need, and with so many new markets opening up, we’re excited to spread our pro-cycling message across the nation.”
Every Performance Bicycle® store features a Spin Doctor™ service department offering free bike fitting with every bike purchase, in addition to repair and customization services. Spin Doctor departments are staffed by experienced and certified mechanics who are able to service and repair all bike brands and offer advice on everything from what type of bike to buy, to great places to ride.
The Performance Difference
Performance Bicycle® stores offer some of the best services and perks in cycling retail:
- Free Lifetime adjustments for every bike purchased
- Every item Performance sells is backed by a 100 percent Satisfaction Guarantee and Low Price Promise
- Kids’ bikes come with Free Size and Safety Fitting
- Kid’s Bike Growth Guarantee offers discounts on new bikes when kids have outgrown their old ones
- Team Performance® Buyer’s Club, cycling’s top buyer’s club, gives ten percent back on every purchase, free second-day shipping upgrades and other exclusive offers
Thompson adds, “With the outstanding product and service in our stores, and our award-winning website and free catalog, we are truly the one-stop shop for every type of rider.”
Where to Find Performance
Performance offers three great ways to shop: in store, by catalog and online at PerformanceBike.com. Guests can always check the Deal of the Day on the Performance Bicycle® website or by following Performance on Twitter, @performance_inc, and on Facebook.
About Performance Bicycle®
Performance Bicycle® is the number one multi-channel bike specialty retailer in the U.S. and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Performance Inc. Performance provides a multi-channel cycling retail experience that spans catalogs, a website at http://www.performancebike.com and 94 stores nationwide that cater to both the avid biking enthusiast and the recreational rider. Performance Inc. is majority owned by North Castle Partners of Greenwich, Connecticut. For more information about Performance Bicycle, please visit http://www.performancebike.com.
Brian Posnanski, brian(at)traffic-prm(dot)com, 314-968-7782
# # #