Denver, Colorado (Vocus/PRWEB) February 09, 2011
The National Sports Center for the Disabled would like media assistance in promoting the following Ski and Snowboard program for US Veterans with Disabilities.
This program is free of charge and includes ski passes, equipment, instruction and transportation.
- Military veteran*
- Disability that fits within Paralympic classification system (Does not include PTSD or BI with no other physical challenge)
- Participants must pre-register for this event by calling NSCD at 303-316-1544 or 970-726-1544
- *Family members of veterans are not included in this program
Full-day program includes:
- Transportation from Denver to National Sports Center for the Disabled at Winter Park Resort, Winter Park, CO and back from the following locations:
Jewell Center 1055 Clermont Street, Denver, CO Pick-up/drop-off times - 6:30 a.m./5:30 p.m.
Denny’s 1605 Federal Street, Denver, CO Pick-up/drop-off times - 7:00 a.m./5:15 p.m.
Denny’s 565 union Street, Lakewood, CO Pick-up/drop-off times – 7:15 a.m./5:00 p.m.
- Lift ticket
- Equipment – Alpine ski (stand-up or sit-down) or snowboard
- Instruction – Alpine ski (stand-up or sit-down) or snowboard
Attend as many sessions as you would like!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
NSCD Contact: Patty McCarthy, Customer Service/Reservations
Phone: (303) 316-1544 or (970) 726-1544
NSCD Website: http://www.nscd.org
About the NSCD
The NSCD is among the largest adapted sports and outdoor therapeutic recreation programs in the United States. Each year, through the NSCD, children and adults with disabilities take to the ski slopes, rivers, mountain trails and golf links to learn more about sports and themselves. With specially trained staff and its own adaptive equipment lab, the NSCD teaches a variety of winter and summer sports to individuals with almost any mental or physical disability.