At age 94, prominent businessman/adventurer Dashew's spirit, humor and sheer force of will leap through the pages as he describes the many challenges he overcame in work, love and life.
Los Angeles, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) February 14, 2011
At age 94, prominent businessman/adventurer Stanley A. Dashew has just published his memoir, You Can Do It: Inspiration and Lessons from an Inventor, Entrepreneur, and Sailor with co-author Josef S. Klus (Constellation Press, December 2010).
Dashew’s spirit, humor and sheer force of will leap through the pages as he describes the many challenges he overcame in work, love and life, starting with finding a job in the middle of the Great Depression. You Can Do It! takes readers behind the scenes of Dashew’s creative process, from concept to harnessing resources, to coming to market with the final product.
Anyone who carries a piece of plastic in their wallet has already been impacted by Stanley A. Dashew, who helped found the plastic credit card industry in America during the 1950s. From ordinary origins during the Depression, and with high aspirations, he has always approached every adversity in life with the motto “You Can Do It!” His approach remains as pertinent today as when he applied it over the course of ninety years.
You Can Do It! delivers insights and personal stories from nine decades of adventures in life and business to help readers find their own successful solutions:
- 11 sure-fire problem-solving steps
- 46 tips for working toward success in various aspects of your life!
- How to pick your business and life partners
- What to do when your expertise fails
- Finding success in the process, as well as the outcome
- What to do when you hit a roadblock
Dashew, a multi-millionaire, benefactor, and world-class sailor, is still inventing new products, such as the Dashaway Mobility Device, which helps keep him moving and enables him to still sail his 72-foot sailboat almost every weekend.
Praise for You Can Do It!:
- "Stanley Dashew vividly describes how he has sailed through life, both literally and figuratively. As passengers on this voyage, we readers learn how to set goals, focus efforts, maintain standards, take risks, make sacrifices, and achieve success-in business and in life." - author Dr. Albert Carnesale, retired chancellor of UCLA and provost of Harvard University
- "Nuggets of wisdom gleaned from separate aspects of life—in finance, adventure, love, health, activism—all coalesce into one coherent vision of success." -Terri Jentz, screenwriter and author, Strange Piece of Paradise
- “Magic words written by a young man in his 90s, and I mean young.” -Harold L. Katz, C.P.A., principal Katz, Fram & Co.
- “One of the most interesting and inspirational men I have had the privilege to know... While the book does not come close to what one gets from meeting Mr. Dashew, it is the next best thing.”-Debra F. Geller, Ed.D., Executive Director, Community Standards, UCLA
Constellation Press (December 6, 2010)
ISBN-10: 0982927509 ISBN-13: 978-0982927502
Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches
# # #