People new to RVing often overlook some obvious money saving opportunities
Phoenix, AZ (Vocus/PRWEB) February 13, 2011
Pedata RV Center releases Top 5 money saving tips for the RV lifestyle. Many turn to RV travel as a means of decreasing their overall vacation expenditures. Some turn to the RV lifestyle as a permanent solution to their economic difficulties. But many are unaware of some of the best money saving opportunities on the open road.
1. Discounts: Never be afraid to ask for discount opportunities. Are you a senior? Check at campgrounds, etc. for senior discounts. Many have them even if they aren't posted. For instance...purchasing the "America the Beautiful" National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass (accessible to seniors) offers a lifetime pass to all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and US Fish and Wildlife Service sites. In some cases this particular senior pass also offers 50% discounts on fees at various RV related facilities and services (campgrounds, swimming, etc.)
2. Discount food and supply shopping: avoid camping stores, supplies packaged specifically for RVs (like toilet paper...instead opt for an inexpensive brand), mom and pop grocers and shopping in tourist areas. You'll save a lot of money by obtaining food and other vital supplies at box stores like Walmart or Dollar Stores, etc.
3. Ask about potential extended stay discounts at campgrounds.
4. Take advantage of public transportation where possible.
5. Avoid purchasing disposable paper goods...washing dishes will only take a few minutes.
Gerard Pedata of Pedata RV Center said, "People new to RVing often overlook some of the more obvious opportunities to maximize their vacation dollar. Taking advantage of these 5 tips is a great place to start."
Pedata RV Center sells used RVs, travel trailers, fifth wheels, campers, and motor homes. Their full inventory is accessible online and due to their low overhead costs they are able to offer competitive pricing in their industry. Easy access to industry and recreational vehicle information allows consumers to have access to the specific knowledge they need to ensure their purchase results in long term satisfaction.
For more information on Pedata RV Center, or current trends in the RV industry visit Pedata RV Center online at http://www.pedatarvcenter.com or contact Gerard Pedata:
Contact: Gerard Pedata
Company: Pedata RV Center
Phone: 1-888-545-8314 or 520-807-0900
# # #