Houston, TX (Vocus/PRWEB) February 18, 2011
Lex Mundi is pleased to welcome five new members to its Client Advisory Council. The addition of these new members brings the current group of Client Advisory Council members to twelve. This distinguished group of senior in-house counsel from some of the world’s leading companies provides advice and guidance in a variety of areas that enhance Lex Mundi member firms' ability to serve their clients better and to meet the needs of in-house counsel.
The new members of the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council are:
- Frauke Ahnefeld, Vice President, Corporate Legal Services, Robert Bosch GmbH
- Stanton Dodge, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, DISH Network
- Kenneth Thompson, Senior Vice President and Global Chief Legal Officer, LexisNexis Group
- Richard Thurston, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation
- Debra Valentine, Group Executive, Legal and External Affairs, Rio Tinto
These new Client Advisory Council Members join an outstanding group of existing Client Advisory Council members:
- Cathie Armour, Executive Director, Macquarie Group Limited
- George Freeman, Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, The New York Times
- John Davidson, General Counsel and Group Secretary, SABMiller plc
- Joia M. Johnson, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Hanesbrands Inc.
- Alexandre D’Ambrosio, General Counsel and Executive Director, Votorantim Industrial
- Ernst Wessel, Vice President, International Business Law and Franchise Development, Office Depot
- Beat Hess, Former Legal Director and Member of the Group Executive Committee, Royal Dutch Shell plc
Carl Anduri, President of Lex Mundi, comments, "Our Client Advisory Council is an extremely valuable resource for Lex Mundi and its member firms. With these new members, we add to the experience and expertise available through the Council to help guide our association in finding the best ways for in-house counsel and outside counsel to work together."
The new Client Advisory Council members are replacing outgoing members whose terms expired in 2010.
The outgoing Client Advisory Council members are:
- Uzi Karniel, Secretary of the Board and Global Insurance, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Gloria Santona, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, McDonald’s Corporation; and
- Dr. Martin Wagener, General Counsel of Audi.
Complete information on the members and activities of Lex Mundi’s Client Advisory Council can be found on the Lex Mundi web site at: http://www.lexmundi.com/lexmundi/Client_Advisory_Council.asp.
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading association of independent law firms. The association has more than 160 member firms around the world, representing approximately 21,000 lawyers. Membership in Lex Mundi provides member firms with a trusted network of law firms that share similar values and a similar focus on quality through which they can access global legal resources that enable them to serve their clients better and to improve continuously all aspects of their firms. Member law firms are located throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Through its nonprofit affiliate, the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation, Lex Mundi member firms provide pro bono legal assistance to social entrepreneurs around the globe. Through the Lex Mundi Learning Network, Lex Mundi delivers on-line training opportunities to member firm lawyers and clients. For more information, please visit http://www.lexmundi.com , http://www.lexmundiprobono.org and http://www.lexlearn.com.
# # #