Rockville, MD (Vocus/PRWEB) February 22, 2011
FileTek, a market leader in large-scale storage virtualization and data management solutions, today announced that Info Security Products Guide, the industry's leading information security research and advisory guide, has named StorHouse® a winner of the 2011 Global Excellence Awards in the “Secure Archiving or Storage” category. More than 50 judges from a broad spectrum of industry voices around the world evaluated the competition entries, and their average scores determined the 2011 Global Excellence Awards finalists and winners. Winners were announced during a special awards dinner and presentation on February 16, 2011, in San Francisco, CA.
StorHouse is a proven storage virtualization, data management, and digital preservation system for administering massive amounts of structured and unstructured fixed content, near-line historical and persistent archive data, and their associated backup and disaster recovery requirements. It combines industry-leading, scalable storage devices and Open System processors with storage management, relational database management, and file system interface software components. No application program interfaces are required.
· Secure cross-platform access from applications across the enterprise to file-based (CIFS, NFS, etc.) data on the same system with integrated connectivity to Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2 UDB, and SAP databases
· Virtualized storage that concurrently uses multiple media types to lower storage/data management costs based on access/retrieval time requirements
· Scalability to trillions of files and multiple petabytes of managed data with no performance degradation
· Active archive and backup capabilities in a single system
· Native file format backup that supports re-acquiring rather than restoring data without IT intervention, thereby changing the paradigm of traditional backup/restoration methods
· Automated system/storage/data management, including storage allocation and control, data migration, replication, backup, recovery, and retention
· Easy migration to new technologies with no system downtime to future-proof data
· Active content validation and repair to promote archive integrity/reliability and uninterrupted data availability
· An easy-to-use graphical-based system management and monitoring tool that reduces administration overhead
By storing and protecting all archive data on a single system, StorHouse enables users/applications across the enterprise to access a high availability active archive repository with ensured data integrity, automatic storage management, hardware independence, sustained performance, and lower total cost of ownership.
“Info Security Products Guide’s recognition of StorHouse further validates our product as an excellence-in-class and cutting-edge secure, active archive solution,” commented Gary Szukalski, President of FileTek. “Our customers can be assured that their StorHouse systems provide comprehensive data security, accessibility, availability, scalability, and automated system management for the long-term. This industry honor is a powerful endorsement that StorHouse is ahead of the curve when it comes to providing the highest security in archiving and storage.”
About Info Security Products Guide
Info Security Products Guide sponsors leading conferences and expos worldwide and plays a vital role in keeping end-users informed of the choices they can make when it comes to protecting their digital resources. It is written expressly for those who are adamant on staying informed of security threats and the preventive measure they can take. Organizations discover a wealth of information in this guide, including tomorrow's technology today, best deployment scenarios, people and technologies shaping info security, and independent product evaluations that facilitate making the most pertinent security decisions. The Info Security Products Guide Awards recognize and honor excellence in all areas of information security. To learn more, visit http://www.infosecurityproductsguide.com and stay secured.
FileTek, Inc. is a premier provider of large-scale put data management and information governance solutions, enabling organizations, worldwide and across multiple industry segments, to efficiently manage, rapidly access, and effectively govern their ever-growing volume of enterprise data. Since 1984, FileTek has provided comprehensive, award-winning solutions to companies, prestigious educational institutions, scientific and government agencies worldwide. From our patented and innovative StorHouse® high-volume data management solutions to our Trusted Edge® information classification and management software, FileTek maintains a steady focus: enhancing and automating information lifecycle management and data preservation processes for all categories and volumes of data.
FileTek is headquartered at 9400 Key West Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850. Telephone: 301-251-0600. Fax: 301-251-1990. FileTek’s international headquarters, FileTek Ltd, is located at One Northumberland Ave., London WC2N 5BW. Telephone: +44 (0) 207 872 5583. Fax: +44 (0) 207 753 2829. The company also has offices across North America. Internet: http://www.filetek.com/