Along with more than 200 cars on display, vehicles in 19 classes will be judged by automotive experts and enthusiasts.
Larkspur, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) February 22, 2011
An array of automotive classics from Europe and America, along with vintage campers, trailers and wooden boats, will highlight the http://www.marinsonomaconcours.org/ 3rd Annual Marin Sonoma Concours d’Elegance] on Sun., May 15, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Marin County Fairgrounds, Marin Civic Center, San Rafael, CA.
Years of elegant designs from Rolls-Royce, Britain’s most-famous marque, will be on display along with vehicles celebrating 100 years of Stutz, Chevrolet and Indy 500 racing. In conjunction with the Marin Sonoma Concours, “The Drive,” a motoring event featuring classic vehicles, will take place on Sat., May 14. All proceeds from this premier showcase and exhibition benefit Bay Area non-profit Hospice By The Bay. For details, visit http://www.marinsonomaconcours.org.
Tickets are $20 and sold at the gate. Children 16 and under are free if accompanied by an adult. Food and wine sampling will be available for purchase. Parking is free. No dogs allowed, except service animals.
Pre-sale tickets to a private VIP Tent with gourmet food and beverages are $75 each (includes admission to the Concours). To purchase, visit http://www.marinsonomaconcours.org, or call (415) 479-7727.
Along with more than 200 cars on display, vehicles in 19 classes will be judged by automotive experts and enthusiasts. Vendors of the latest automotive products and services will also be on view. For information on entering a vehicle, exhibitor space, or to advertise in the event program, visit http://www.marinsonomaconcours.org, or call (415) 479-7727.
Saturday’s “The Drive,” which is themed as “The British Are Coming!” to honor the Rolls-Royce marque, will include a variety of classic British cars and other pre-1978 vehicles. Starting in downtown Tiburon, participants will travel the beautiful back roads of Marin and Sonoma Counties, then enjoy lunch at a Sonoma winery and afternoon reception in San Rafael. Applications are limited to 125 cars. Cost is $40 per person, with all proceeds benefiting Hospice By The Bay. Visit http://www.marinsonomaconcours.org or call (415) 479-7727, for details and the application form.
A few of this year’s beautiful and fascinating vehicles are:
- Commissioned in 1925 by England’s King George V as a gift for India’s Maharajah Bhupinder Singh, a brilliant red and chrome Rolls-Royce Torpedo Tourer headlines the display of the stately Rolls-Royce marque.
- An exceedingly rare 1918 Chevrolet V8 touring car helps spotlight the 100th anniversary of this venerable American car line.
- Presaging modern “pop top” campers and trailers and heading the lineup of vintage trailers, campers, and station wagons will be the last surviving 1929 Raise the Roof Chevrolet house car.
- Among the featured Indy race cars will be the Andy Granatelli Kurtis roadster, which placed 4th in the 1953 Indianapolis 500 with Freddie Agabashian behind the wheel.
- A rare showing of historic American Bantam coupes, sedans and Speedsters microcars, made in the 1930s and early ‘40s, including an extremely rare 1941 Boulevard Delivery.
- A flotilla of beautiful classic wooden boats moored in the Civic Center’s lagoon.
The Marin Sonoma Concours d’Elegance is organized by community volunteers headed by Marin car enthusiast Charlie Goodman. The Presenting Sponsor is The Price Family Dealerships. Proceeds from the 2011 Marin Sonoma Concours d’Elegance once again benefit the non-profit healthcare provider, Hospice By The Bay, which serves Marin, San Francisco, Northern San Mateo and Sonoma counties. Since 1975, Hospice By The Bay has provided the highest quality of end-of-life care to patients and support to their families, regardless of their ability to pay. Hospice By The Bay’s grief counseling program also serves anyone in the community coping with the loss of a loved one.
Hospice By The Bay programs are funded through health care reimbursement and charitable donations from community members and corporate sponsors. For more information about Hospice By The Bay’s care or to make a donation to support our work, call (415) 927-2273, or visit http://www.hbtb.org.
Media Contact: Kris Montgomery, Hospice By The Bay, kmontgomery(at)hbtb(dot)com, (415) 927-2273
# # #